[1] Prologue

"Alright, I'm ready to go," I drag my two large suitcases down the staircase and into my brother's kitchen, where he and the rest of my family waited. I slept over here last night, so I could wish everyone farewell.

"Are you sure you have to go, Sam?" My younger brother whines, grabbing the suitcases as if they were feathers whereas I struggled to carry them down the stairs of my family home.

"Sorry Bobby, but I really want this job. It's with STARK Industries!" I deadpan, making them all roll their eyes. I had been bragging about the job offer since I had got it, which was over a month ago. My friends had all pretty much disowned me because of it, they didn't like how I have the chance of being in the presence of the world's billionaire.

"Well...as long as you really want this. And you come to visit in your holidays. And you ring me all the time. I don't care if I'm busy, Laura will tell me when you're on the phone. Also..." I cut off his rambling. We had always been really close with each other, as I was closer in age to him compared to our younger two siblings.

"Bobby. Relax. We went through this last night, and I know. It's going to be Malibu, alright? Good holiday spot if you ever visit." I tell him, grinning. I hug him tightly, like it would be the last time I could do it. I see my other brothers, Harley and Seth, putting my bags into the back of the cab so I pull away, and walk over to my mum and dad.

"Alright, group hug!" I tell them, next thing you know, I'm being slightly squished to death. "Alright, alright. I gotta go, or else I'll miss my flight" I say, motioning for them to put me down.

"I love you Mum, Dad." I tell my parents separately, hugging them both and kissing their cheeks.

"Please stay safe." My mother begged. "I can't believe my baby is leaving." She whimpered.

"Have fun, Sam." My father told me, hugging me again, separately. HE then pulled away to comfort my mother who was beginning to cry.

"Aww man, c'mon Sammy! Stay with us." Seth whines, pulling on my arm. Let's just say, it was a very tearful goodbye, as I watched my family get smaller and smaller as I drove away.

"Family?" The cab driver asks.

"Yeah. My family..." I sighed, leaning back into the uncomfortable seat of the car. The ride was relatively quiet, other than the music coming from my earbud that I had in one ear. I didn't mind the silence; I knew that I probably wouldn't be getting any with the job so I was enjoying it while I could. The cab driver dropped me off in front of the airport and I paid him, walking off towards the front desk so I could check in and get to my terminal. I was running a little late, but there was still time before the gates opened.

I rush through the long halls and make it just as they were opening the gates, so I was about half way down the line. I pass my boarding pass to the flight attendant, and she smiles at me.

"Have a great flight!"

-----------------------

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are about to land in Malibu, California. Please fasten your seatbelts and make sure your trays are up and locked. Thank you." My stomach churned with nerved and I gripped onto the arm of the chair tightly, but I stop myself so I wouldn't fluster myself. I'm finally in Malibu- where I was dreaming to live for so long, almost half of my life. The plane starts to descend and my stomach is in knots, I chew the gum in my mouth so that my ears wouldn't block and I won't look like an idiot, trying to unblock them.

"We have now landed. It is currently 98 degrees, and Sunny. Thank you for flying with US Airways." I jump up, grab my carry-on and practically bolt to the exit, making me one of the first people off the plane. I walk down the runway and enter the airport. Wow. It was busier than I thought it would be. I walk around, trying to find the guy who would take me back to Stark Industries, when I catch my name on a sign. It was being held by a large guy in a black suit, also wearing sunglasses with an unhappy expression on his face. I hesitantly walk up to him.