[17] Rejected for the Avengers Initiative

"Each set of drones is communicating in its own unique language." He tells me nervously, trying to keep his distance from me.

"Well, choose one and focus on that." I say, angrily, grabbing onto his jacket and forcing him closer to the keyboard. He cries out in fright, typing furiously.

"Have you tried Russian? Why don't you try Russian?" I almost laugh at the look of Justin. His glasses were cracked, his hair was tousled and he looked appalling. It took 20 minutes just to get into the main frame but nothing was doing it.

"Hey, Tech Guy. Log into the communicator using this code for me." He types it in and a group chat with Natasha, Tony, Pepper and I popped up.

"Yes, for the moment I'm not dying. Thank you." Pepper pushes me out of the way slightly.

"What do you mean you're not dying? Did you just say you're dying?" She asks, looking hysteric. Well, the cats out of the bag I guess.

"Pepper? Sam? Is that you? No, I'm not. Not anymore."

"What's going on. Sam, did you know about this?" She asks.

"I was going to tell you. I didn't want to alarm you. Of course she knows, she's dying too! But more slowly... Sam, remind me to make you a new arc reactor too." He says casually. I almost slap myself, sighing with regret.

"SAM? You're DYING?! You were gonna tell me? You really were dying?" Pepper freaks out, beginning to breathe rapidly.

"You didn't let me." He complained. I just shrug, smiling at her apologetically.

"Why didn't you tell me that?" She asked us.

"I was gonna make you an omelette and tell you." Natasha stops the two from fighting and I snort. They sound like an old married couple...

"Hey, hey. Save it for the honeymoon. You got incoming, Tony. Looks like the fight's coming to you."

"Great. Pepper? Are you okay now? Please don't be angry with us, there's nothing that we could do." Tony tells her slowly.

"I am angry!" She growls, slapping me on the back of my head.

"Ow! Pepper!" I complain.

"When I'm not fending off a Hammeroid attack, I'll formally apologise." Tony promises her.

"Fine." She moves so I could quickly chat to Tony.

"So... Dangerous, huh." I say slowly.

"We could have been in Venice." He accuses.

"Oh, please." I sigh. He shuts off the computer and police start to come into the room. I move back next to the pouting Pepper and point towards Justin.

"That's your guy here." I tell them. They hand cuff the dude while he just stares at me.

"Excuse me?" He exclaims loudly.

"You're being placed under arrest." The officer tells him.

"Are you kidding me?" Justin complains.

"Hands behind your back, sir." The other officer warns him.

"I'm trying to help here. I get it. I see what you're doing. You're trying to pin this on me, huh? That's good. That's good. You're starting to think like a CEO, taking out the competition. I like that. You think you're making a problem for me? I'm gonna make a problem for you. I'm gonna be seeing you again real soon." Justin begins laughing hysterically, getting dragged away. The police officers tell us to stay put until they make sure the area is clear.