[23] Explosions

"When is this project starting," I ask. "It sounds very... abrupt."

"Much like the Avengers, you're going to be called in whenever we need you. I'm giving you a free pass to both groups. You won't be needed if you're with the other team." He tells me. "Now get back to the lab, and make sure your god damn boyfriend doesn't ruin everything."

"Got it boss." I sigh, walking out. On my walk to the lab, Mr Rogers walked by me with a fuming look on his face. It didn't even look like he saw me, he had his eyes set on something and I couldn't help but wonder what it was.

"Are you okay, Mr Rogers?" I stop the very tall soldier, looking at him. He offers me a tense smile, trying to be polite.

"Yes, thank you ma'am. I'm fine, your partner was just being a little difficult."

"What did he do now?" I groan. "I'll give him a punch or two for you, alright?" His smile turns genuine, turning closer into a grin.

"Thank you Miss Rolling." We both go our separate ways, I watch as he walks towards the storage rooms and I almost follow him. The lab came up in front of me and just as I was going to walk in, I heard my name.

"So you and Samantha?" I heard Bruce ask awkwardly. "No offense, but why would she be with you?" I grin and lean back.

"Let's see him pass this test." I mumble to myself, peering in.

"Yeah, I guess. I actually have no idea why she puts up with me. I can't put up with myself sometimes." Tony chuckled lightly.

"How long have you been together now?" Bruce questioned.

"10 months next week." Tony replied. "Probably the best year of my life so far."

"You actually remembered? How sweet." I tease him, walking in.

"Sam!" Tony gaped. "Don't spy on me!"

"I will spy on you whenever I want. You think you're alone, but I'm always there." I tell him creepily, making him stare at me wide-eyed. "So how have you both been going?"

"I mean we've placed a signal of the sceptre that will lead us to the cube, but it's still scanning." Bruce informs me, throwing a bouncy ball from one hand to the other.

"Well what are we supposed to do now? Sit here?" I ask, sarcastically.

"I invited Bruce over to the tower." Tony interrupted me. "but he keeps declining my nice offers."

"Aw Bruce, why not come?" I ask him, pouting. "You'll love it and I'll make sure Tony doesn't act like an ass."

"I'll think about it." He assures us. "But I don't exactly think people would want me around them." I felt bad for Bruce, I've read about his experiments and how he was exposed to too much Gamma radiation. I mean, it was his fault but at the same time he shouldn't be treated how he was by the government. As long at Bruce controlled his powers, I had no problem with him being around me or vice versa. I started thinking along the lines of the prisoner that was being held in the Hulk's cage. They built it that well, that the Norse god couldn't get out of it, what did that say about Bruce? At the same time, I don't think Loki was even trying to get out and that brought on new thoughts.

"You know what gets me?" I tell them.

"What?" they ask, watching me.

"When we were sent in to catch Loki he didn't fight. He... surrendered. That's not like him. He wants power, he wants to rule everybody and surrendering doesn't help him with that. He is acting like he wants to be here. Something fishy is going on with him, I can feel it." I say. They both go quiet, thinking about it too.

"I don't know." Tony finally admits. "Maybe there's a bigger picture to what we can see."

"I'm gonna go down and see Phil for a minute." I stand up, patting Tony's shoulder on my way out.

"His name is Agent!" I heard him yell out behind me making me chuckle a little. What an idiot... I wasn't lying, I was going to see Phil but I was planning to check up on Loki too. Maybe he would admit something to me. I come across a large corridor where agent patrolled, 4 of them guarding a door.

"You can't come through here, Agent Rolling." I heard one of them say.

"Really?" I sigh, looking at them. "Not even to peek in?" They shake their heads, and I turn around. Well that goes my plan... I ended up making my way down to the main area where Thor was also leaving the room. What's with these guys always leaving as I come in? Phil stood alone, standing near the Maria Hill woman watching over many of the workers spread out through the room.

"Hey, hey, hey!" I greet him, sliding onto the desk in the middle of the room. "How's my favourite agent?" He chuckles at me, glancing at my childish smile.

"Much better now that you're here, Samantha." He said much to my amusement. I place my hand on my heart, grinning.

"Aw, I knew you love me." Even though she was pretending not to listen I saw Agent Hill's mouth twitch a little, as if she was trying to hold back a smile. "Now, how's everything going in here? We haven't moved very much back in the lab." I sigh, bored.

"Same here. Still trying to locate Hawkeye and the cube using simple face recognition." I nod, not saying anything.

"Do you know where everyone is?" I ask, wondering. I've seen Steve angry and Thor ignore me, now I can't see anyone in here."

"I thought they were heading to the lab." He informs me, coming over to stand by me. All of a sudden, a large rumble emerges through the place, making the Helicarrier slightly dip down and send everyone stumbling. All of the workers exchange looks, worried about their safety but I instantly thought of Tony.

"Phil?" I ask, seeing his straighten up again. "What was that?" I worry, trying to see past the large swarm of people running past.

"I don't know..." Phil admitted, leaving me to talk with Maria. Little did I know, this was just the eye of the storm.

---------------------

EDITED: 21/09/2016

--------------------