Verbs (Tommyinnit)

Follow.

You'd follow him to the ends of the earth, you decide. So you do. You're caught up in a family, a business, a home. You find something that you enjoy.

Give.

It seems that'd be all you ever do. Giving, giving, giving. A life. Possessions. Happiness. Give, give, give. They expect it, and you hate it.

Lead.

For a while, you do. You find yourself having fun. You relax. You feel deep down, that something is wrong, but you can't quite place it.

Run.

The arrows at your back. There's no going back, is there? You're scared. Where are you going? Does it matter? You're running, and the thorns and leaves scratch your face, but you run.

Hope.

You find a place. It's nice. Maybe now you'll allow yourself to feel peace. It's not home, but maybe someday it will be.

Stop.

It's what you do, what your heart does, what you yell at him. But it doesn't ever stop. You scream and you fight, but time doesn't stop. Just another enemy to add to the list.

Whisper.

You're being held back. You're whispering, but he doesn't listen. You're taken aback by the bloodlust in his eyes. Then the screaming- but was it the one that you used to fight for, the one that you will fight for, or you? The one that everyone forgot needed fighting for, too?

Gasp.

For air? For life? In shock? Whatever it is, you do it. You're terrified, but the dust gets in your lungs and the rockets are firing. Why is no one helping? Why- oh, god, where is he?

Shatter.

Like a glass. Does it need much more explaining? Your world falling apart faster than you could've done yourself, but you don't cry. You never do. Is it healthy? Maybe not, but you stopped caring about that a long time ago.

Smile.

It's been a long time since you've done that.

Cry.

It's been a long time since you've done that, too. Maybe you allowed yourself to cry just this once, because the smiles that you'd given were fake. That man didn't care, he just watched, forever unblinking, and you believed each and every one of his lies. Maybe you deserved what he'd done to you.

Jump.

You do it. You commit to it. Half-way down you're flooded with memories and you regret it. You find water to land in, and in the lake you cough, you splutter, and you wish that it'd all gone differently, hair wet and looking at a reflection that doesn't look like you.

Run.

History repeats itself. There's no one with you now, though, only people against you. Maybe there's one place to go. Do you risk it?

Hide.

You're not used to feeling like a coward, but maybe that's just the dreams talking. It's cold where you've burrowed, maybe the chattering of your teeth and the whimpers of your nightmares will give yourself away.

Laugh.

Your cover is compromised, but it was fine. Why had you doubted him? Surely only one brother can go corrupt. You push away negative thoughts for a while and allow yourself to feel a little easier.

Panic.

You can't catch a break, can you? He's there. He's tracking you. You can't escape him, it seems. You can't escape the inevitable ending that they all want to give you. He goes away, but the thought remains.

Gaze.

You're building a tower, and it shouldn't have happened, but you gaze down at the ground and for a second your heart skips a beat. For a second you're pushed back to a not so long ago time, looking down at your death. For a second, you consider it. For a second, you wonder if it'd be worth it. But, you back out, and so the cycle begins anew.

You can't escape it, can you?

***

Follow, Give, Lead, Run, Hope, Stop, Whisper, Gasp, Shatter, Smile, Cry, Jump, Run, Hide, Laugh, Panic, Gaze

awesamdude and ph1lza next