One Word

a lil weird but u guys have gotten this far

* * *

It takes one word to change everything, one word to become the person that everyone loves, one word to leave behind the scared little boy that you think you are, deep down.

You run from everything and yet wish you had it, trying to escape from the world. Your tricks have kept you a lone wolf, have kept you by yourself and kept your heart guarded.

It all changed, then, after that night in the subway, ice on the windows and a cave on the other side of the doors. It all changed, no longer could you hide from destiny.

It took you a while, admittedly, to prevent the power from going to your head and keep it from pushing away the few people who refuse to give up on you. But, you kept going, realized your mistakes, learned your potential, gained a family.

You took down an evil entity, saved a city, and yet the only thing you can focus on his that you have a family. You've never had one, not really, so it's no wonder that you can't keep that grin off of your mouth, a smile twisted from your lips because for once you are loved.

After all, it only takes one word to trigger the lighting, one word for the white and red to come out, one word for you to stand up taller and raise a fist at those that would step on you like an ant.

It only takes one word, so say it.

Say the name.

Shazam!