Not what he seems

Shuichi's POV
I always thought that Ouma was just a liar. Not really a bully, just someone who liked to have some fun but didn't have a sense of when to stop. I always thought that he lied because it was fun for him.

After today, I think that I was wrong.

When he thanked me and Kaede, he smiled. I've seen him smile before, but it never seemed real. The smile he gave us.. Seemed sincere.
Was he just trying really hard to trick us?
Or was he truly.. Happy?

I'm going to get to the bottom of Kokichi's lies. If there's really someone underneath the layers of lies and acting, I want to know who it is... and why they're hiding.

Kaede told me to find a well-paying part time job. She says that she doesn't want to spend a lot of her own money on the wedding, and that we're going to need a lot of money for it.

Now, I have almost no free time. I wake up, cook Kaede breakfast, make us both lunch, go to school, do my homework, spend time with Kaede, usually doing work for her, go to work for a few hours, cook Kaede dinner, then sleep.

Kaede's parents died a few years ago and left her a ton of money. She also gets paid a LOT from her performances. Kaede not only inherited money, but a huge mansion with a large staff team, where she plans for us to live together.

I have 324 dollars saved up from working and from cases, and money from birthdays when I was little. Kaede wants 5,000

I have a lot of work ahead of me.

"I DEMAND TO SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER!"
"Ma'am, I AM the manager."
"IMPOSSIBLE!"
"Ma'am, please leave and stop harassing my employees. You may consider yourself banned from this store. Permanently."
"UGH, I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS. I'LL BE SUEING YOU, PREPARE TO HEAR FROM MY LAWYER. COME ON, TIMMY, LETS GO."

As I watched the angry woman storm out, I thanked Atua for my amazing boss. He always saves us from crazy entitled customers.
I now have three part time jobs. I've saved up 532 dollars over two weeks from working, but I've also had to spend money on food, bills, and other things.

Spring break is almost here, so I'll be able to spend more time working, but I'll also have more time for investigating Kokichi. I knew I would need to spend more time with Kokichi to figure him out, so I decided to invite him over to my house for dinner.

Shuichi and Kokichi Private Messages

Shuichi
Hey Kokichi..?

Kokichi
Hai Shumai!! What's up!
Shuichi
I WAS WONDERING IF YOU WANTED TO COME OVER FOR DINNER
Oops- Caps! Sorry!
Kokichi
Nishishi!~ What's this, are you falling for me all the sudden? ;)
Shuichi
No! I just wanted to spend some time with you.
Kokichi
Sureeee~ I'll be there ;)
What time?
Should I bring anything? Will you need help cooking? Do you need me to help pay?

KOKICHI HAS DELETED A MESSAGE

Kokichi
Sureeee~ I'll be there ;)
What time?
Should I bring anything speciaaallll? ;)

Shuichi
Uhm.. No, I think I have everything I need. Thank you though. Just wear casual clothes. Anyway, would you like to help cook?
Kokichi
Ultimate Supreme Leaders do not cook!
But I'll help you Shumai!
Shuichi
Okay then..
Are you free at six?
Kokichi
Yep!
Shuichi
Okay then, I can pick you up at 5:50!
Kokichi
It's a date ;)

That message he deleted.. That sounds like he let down his guard. It was a very sweet thing to say.