Honeysuckle

3rd Person POV:
Kokichi Ouma's eyes shot open as he sprung out of his bed, making it into the bathroom only just in time to cough out a bloody clump of thin, curled white petals. Honeysuckle. Sighing, he rinsed the flowers down the drain of his sink. Good thing I live alone, he thought.

Kokichi brushed his teeth and rinsed his mouth out well, to get rid of all the blood. Then, he washed his face off, disposing of any blood clinging to his skin. He brushed his hair and slipped into an oversized checkered sweatshirt, with plain white sleeves that fell past his fingertips, and some loose grey pants along with a purple scarf. He had been putting more effort into his morning routine, as part of an effort to keep his declining health hidden.

He slipped on a purple mask matching his scarf as he walked out of his door.

"Kokichi, Over hereee!"

"Hey Junko! Hey everyone!"

"Good morning Kokichi."

"Morning Grape!"

"Hello Kokichi."

"Good morning!"

As his friends chatted, Kokichi laughed along, and continued the conversation. He didn't want anything to seem off. He couldn't let anyone know about his disease.

"Are you guys excited for Kaede's and Shuichi's party? It's so great that they've been dating for over a year and a half now! I never thought that they would get so serious in the past six months though."

"Yeah, I could never miss a party! Kaede's a total bitch tho."

"I agree that Kaede is not. The nicest person, but I'm not going."

"Parties aren't my thing."
"I'm going, I want to be there to support them!"

"What about you Kokichi?"

Kokichi held back the flowers and blood creeping up his throat. They poked him more than usual. It would be unbearable to see Shuichi so happy with someone else. Going to this party would remind Kokichi that Shuichi already loved someone. That Shuichi would never return his feelings. Yet, On the other hand, he had to be there for Shuichi. If more people came, it would make Shuichi happy, and that was all that mattered.

"Yeah, I'm for sure coming! What kind of party would it be without the ultimate supreme leader?"