02. THE SUNKEN SHIPWRECK

2016 | THE SUNKEN SHIPWRECK — As planned HYDRA immediately set off with one of their disguised boats to the stated shipwreck, which had sunk a long time ago near New York

2016 | THE SUNKEN SHIPWRECK — As planned HYDRA immediately set off with one of their disguised boats to the stated shipwreck, which had sunk a long time ago near New York. Once there, they gave their mermaid the order to look for the alleged weapon for their experiments. It was an extremely dangerous and difficult task. After all, you never know what might be lurking in an old, abandoned shipwreck.

And even though the girl was under mind-manipulation, she was still a little afraid of what was waiting for her in the eerie-looking shipwreck. Nevertheless, her fear of HYDRA was, however, much bigger.

No matter how many times HYDRA told her that they were the good ones, the just, the orderly, the girl never believed them, not a single word.

Siren already had to kill various (probably innocent) men in the name of HYDRA. This alone is a reason enough to despise them.

After Siren searched in the dark depths of the shipwreck for the desired cosmic-cube and still didn't find it after twenty minutes, she decided to swim deeper into the wreck. She could've sworn the deeper and longer she stayed there, the creepier and colder it got in that thing.

But thankfully it wasn't long before she saw a shimmering light blue glow below a wooden hatch. As if by instinct, she swam towards it and tried to push the heavy part up with her hands, but unfortunately she had no success.

One more time, she tried again, but stopped abruptly when she suddenly recognized a loud noise thanks to her improved hearing.  It sounded strange at first, but soon it resembled a missile ... Was this an attacker?

"Possible attacker in the vicinity." The girl whispered into the communicator, through which she stayed in contact with agent Ward all along.

The girl's heartbeat quickened as she realized the mysterious sound was coming closer and closer to her.  "Retreat to base! They can't see you. "That was the answer she got from him, while her eyes studied the area in vain.

The girl reacted quickly and tried to get out of there as skillfully and as quickly as possible before anyone could see her.

Who knows what they would do to her? Or rather what Siren had to do to the attackers?

She disappeared as fast as she could through some kind of hole that she found on the wall of the wreck in time and hoped she would be fast enough not to be seen.

Siren indeed was fast, but unfortunately not fast enough.  She turned and was startled, if not a little frightened, to see a strange figure with shining blue eyes and armor. But just as the attacker noticed her, however, Siren disappeared before he could blink again.

 But just as the attacker noticed her, however, Siren disappeared before he could blink again

She was gone.  And all that she left behind was a not long-lasting trace of fine bubbles, which soon faded again in the blue of the water. "FRIDAY, what the hell was that?" Asked the man in the red and gold armor. The said attacker.

"According to my temperature scan, it is a human person. But the target is no longer displayed on the radar, sir." Replied the artificial intelligence in a puzzled voice. And thus, it was impossible that it could be anything human.

Because no one in the world could swim so fast that it only took a few seconds to disappear completely from the screen.

Tony Stark also remained confused. "Either that was a mermaid or a pretty fast dolphin..." he said, still in disbelieve of what he had seen just a few moments ago. Do mermaids really exist? Or am I just going crazy from all those sleepless nights and missions? He asked himself in total denial.

"Sir, the cube is five meters to your left, under the wooden hatch. You have to hurry before your oxygen tank runs out." FRIDAY suddenly reminded him and brought Tony back from his scattered thoughts.

He gathered himself and carefully approached the questionable blue glow, or rather, the infamous Cosmic Cube, which still waited under the wooden hatch to be freed.

With the help of his glowing laser, Iron-Man cut his way to the said treasure and looked at the thing with a certain amount of curiosity.

He did it.  "Gotcha." He said with a laugh and proudly looked at the glowing blue cube, which he then placed into a metal box, where he safely stored it to later hand it over to director Nick Fury - or well the real S.H.I.E.L.D.

Tony Stark's mission was accomplished.

But Siren's mission had failed ...