26. THEY'RE ALL GOING TO DIE

2016 | ARIELS HEAD — "Don't get distracted, Ariel

2016 | ARIELS HEAD — "Don't get distracted, Ariel." Wanda persuaded me, while I could faintly hear the splash of water. I was still trapped in this cell, behind the pane of glass that separated me from Wanda. "You can help them, but you have to get out of here first." She tried to instill some courage in me when she noticed the tears in my eyes. "He's in trouble." I said helplessly with a nod. "It's happening right now, isn't it?" I asked, looking for an answer in Wanda's expressionless face.

"Now tell us what you did to our little mermaid?" Agent Ward asked after he what sounded like slapping Steve in his face. Steve sounded out of breath ... as if it had been like that all day. "Well, we just treated her like a human." Steve answered, before they kicked him in his stomach.

"Because of you, our siren's, completely confused and out of her head. She keeps mumbling weird stuff, that doesn't even make any sense." Ward replied."And she was calling for you all the time." He huffed, laughing, while Steve furiously tried to free himself from the grip of the HYDRA agents. But he was stopped when a loud click sounded in his ears. Another agent had his gun pointed at him. "If you even dare to lay a finger on her, you'll bitterly regret it." Steve breathed out, his look increasingly angry, while I was practically trembling with fear for him.

They could pull the trigger on the gun any second ... and he would be dead. My heart was racing like a storm and it was getting harder and harder to breathe. It was like someone was cutting off my oxygen. It felt like drowning. He was in danger and I had to help him. But I just can't break the damn glass! And I had to get out of that state.

In frustration, I fell to my knees and lowered my head to the floor. My tears stopped falling from my cheeks as well. "You can help him, Ariel!" Wanda protested as I collapsed on the floor. "ARIEL!!!!!!" she screamed angrily from behind the window.

I immediately lifted my head and looked up at her. I let out a deep breath, my focusing my attention on her voice, which I tried to be guided by, and then stood up shakily. "BREAK. THE. GLASS!" she shouted one last time, slapping her palms against the glass. "I believe in you, Ariel. You hear me?!" I heard her say. I can do it, I tell myself. If she believes in me, i should too. One last final breath left my mouth as I raised my arms to make my strongest scream at the glass in front of me.