07. EYES BLUE LIKE THE ATLANTIC

2016 |  NEW YORK WATERS — She did it

2016 | NEW YORK WATERS — She did it. After all these years, she had finally made it. Thanks to the stranger, she was able to escape HYDRA. I am free, she realized. But it seemed so unreal to her. She couldn't quite believe it. It just happened so quickly ...

For the very last time, she looked over her shoulder and thought firmly that this captain was still close behind her. But she was disappointed when she realized that she was completely alone.

Something must have happened to him, the worry spoke out of her. But should she really help this stranger, even if she could risk everything? Help him, you can't leave him there.  You have taken enough life already. Save him!

No mermaid tail.

The girl finally realized this when she felt this incredible pain in the lower part of her body. But at that moment, it didn't matter. Even if she could never walk again.

All that mattered was freedom. And you don't abandon good people. The human world is a mess. They're evil, HYDRA planted this saying in her head over and over again. And maybe they were right. But then why did he try to save her? He could have just left her behind.

With her new legs, she swam back where she had come from and approached the still bombing HYDRA base, where she found the stranger, not moving on the ground.

Carefully she swam closer to him and tried to shake him awake, but he still didn't open his eyes. In the distance, she heard the muffled bombs going up and destroying everything further. So she acted quickly and tried to pull him towards her with all her remaining strength.

The two had to get out of here as quickly as possible. She was swimming away from the dangerous base as fast as she could when she heard another explosion in the distance behind them, which was dampened by the water.

Another look over her shoulder told her, that the two would most likely have been killed had they been in there a minute longer.

From now, every second counted. She had to pull the stranger to the surface immediately, before it was too late.

When she saw the bright light of the sun shimmering on the surface, she dived up and quickly found an optimal surface to pull him ashore.

With a lot of strength, she pulled him further with her, dragging his heavy body out of the water and carefully laying him down on the sand.

She sat down next to him and studied his pale face while very carefully supporting his head with one hand. He barely moved, so she tried to listen to his breathing. But she still didn't hear anything from the soldier in blue uniform. Even his heartbeat was barely hearable.

She tried to say something, but nothing came out of her throat. Great pain was the only thing that she felt. That must have been the consequence of her scream. She got scared at the thought. What if I can never speak again? I wanted to thank him ...

And then, as if by a miracle, he suddenly let out a breath. That was all she wanted to hear. He was alive. This had to be enough as a thank-you.

Carefully she put a hand on his cold cheek to bring him to consciousness. She now felt how he slowly came back to his awareness and carefully grabbed her hand as he tried to open his eyes. It was as if the touch helped him. But she wasn't a healer, as much as she wished. Chaos was the only thing she was created for.

Deep blue eyes. Blue like the Atlantic.

She lost herself in his eyes and had to smile a little with relief when she noticed that he was fine. Thank you for everything, her heart screamed. But not once could you hear her actual voice. The almost drowned young man still seemed weak and closed his eyes again while he let go of her hand. But as much As she was grateful for him helping her, she had to go ...

Slowly she pushed away from him and tried with all her remaining strength to get up. Her hands smoothly brushed down the wet dress that was hanging loosely from her body as it dripped onto the floor. She took a step forward and it felt like she was walking on razor-sharp shards of glass. With so much pain, she wanted to cry. But crying didn't help either, so she just bit down the pain, like she always had to.

In front of her was a forest, with a lot of dense trees. So she decided to hide there and lay down low. She moved further and further away from the soldier in blue uniform and was now walking through the sand in her soaking wet clothes when she suddenly heard a little thunder.

To say the girl hated thunderstorms would be an understatement. They scared her, they always have. Every thunderstorm, every severe weather made her feel uncomfortable. Maybe it had something to do with her past life, but every time she felt defenseless.

She stumbled deeper and deeper into the forest, while the freezing rain kept pounding down on her narrow shoulders. She was cold and she was shivering. She was scared, but she had to be brave to survive. She was alone and didn't know where to go. But the main idea was to get away from here, she was sure of that.

And if the thunderstorm wasn't bad enough, after a while the sky above her turned darker and darker into a night blue. The only light protecting her, were the shiny moon and some stars around her.

She must have been lost in the forest for several hours, hoping to find something of which she still had a little idea herself. Perhaps an abandoned cabin, or just a safe place to sleep. But this thought bursted when she suddenly heard something rustling behind her ...

[AUTHOR NOTE]
Hey, tysm for reading. Hope you guys like it!!!
Again I apologize for the many grammar mistakes, english isn't my first language. Also I'm actually really surprised how the story already has like 2K, THANK YOU SO MUCH – Anyway who are your favorite avengers? I'd really like to know for the future chapters.

- Nini :)