11. A NEW HOME

2016 | AVENGERS COMPOUND — After the girl had got ready with Natasha's help, the Black Widow decided to continue showing her around her new home

2016 | AVENGERS COMPOUND — After the girl had got ready with Natasha's help, the Black Widow decided to continue showing her around her new home. Natasha didn't know why, but strangely enough, the girl reminded her of a friend she once had...

The two continued down the long hallway and in the direction of the huge living room, where a delicious smell was already spreading from the kitchen. When the girl saw the living room, her eyes widened as she stared curiously around. It looked quite big and made an extremely cozy impression. But in her mind everything looked better than her old Hydra cell.

Natasha then led the girl into the kitchen, where she was allowed to meet the very first Avengers member. A girl with long brown hair and dark clothes was standing next to the stove and was just cooking something for tonight. Without magic, of course. She apparently heard the two of them coming and slowly turned around.

"Oh, hey." Greeted the brunette girl and stood in front of them. She stretched out her hand to the girl and gave her a  soft smile. "I'm Wanda." She said with a thick Sokovian accent. But just as the girl was reaching for Wanda's hand, a tiny tear rolled down Wanda's cheek shortly afterwards.

The girl noticed this and quickly pulled her hand away from her, fearing it was her fault. The girl looked over at Natasha out of guilt and hoped she had an explanation.  Siren must have thought that Wanda would hate her.

"I'm sorry." Wanda apologized, however, and quickly wiped the tear away while she looked at the girl with a sympathetic look. The curious Maximoff witch had tried to read the girl's feelings and was deeply saddened by what she saw. She could feel her pain, her feelings of guilt, her fear ... her loneliness. "It's- It's nice that you are with us. I promise you, with us you are safe."

"Everything is okay. Don't worry about Wanda." Natasha said, trying to reassure the girl that she had done nothing wrong. "Umm ... she owns the room next to yours. "  Natasha tried to remind the girl to distract from Wanda. "She also wanted to cook for us today. You're gonna love her food. "She praised Wanda.

"You both look really hungry." Laughed the masterchef, trying to quickly cover up her sadness as she watched Natasha and the girl staring hungrily at the food that was sitting in the pots and pans. "The meal will be ready in just an hour."

"Peanut butter sandwiches only take a minute." Natasha pouted impatiently. The girl looked at her again, confused, not knowing what peanut butter was. "It's really delicious, we'll make some later." Wanda was still listening to them, remembering her own time at Hydra. She was given little to eat there and often starved.  Wanda knew that the other girl probably felt the same way and hoped she could make her a little happy with her meal today.

"How long had you been there?" Wanda wanted to resist the question, but she had to know. "Wan-" began Natasha, wanting to keep the girl from feeling even more uncomfortable. "Excuse me ..." She apologized and looked away briefly. "I was at Hydra back then, too."