18. BEAUTIFUL ART

2016 | AVENGERS COMPOUND — Steve Rogers has never been a fan of technology, it was just overall too complicated for him

2016 | AVENGERS COMPOUND — Steve Rogers has never been a fan of technology, it was just overall too complicated for him. The only thing he barely even touched, was his phone and only if it was truly necessary. After all he was the kind of person who preferred to sit quietly and listen to music, read a great book, or draw something.

One afternoon he walked into the kitchen to get a cold bottle of water, from the fridge. But as he walked past the living room, he noticed a lonely redhead girl sitting all alone on the couch by herself.

And just like him, she must have noticed his presence as well. She turned around and immediately, a small smile appearing on her face, when she recognized the captain and decided to give him a short wave with her hand. Her voice was still a little sore, so the wave was better than nothing, she thought. And even if it was just a shy little wave and smile, it still made Steve's heart race a little faster, as silly as it sounded.

He took a few steps towards her and leaned down over the big couch. His gaze fell on her lap, on which was a sketch book, or rather the back of it. Clearly she didn't want him to see what she was drawing, embarrassed he would laugh at her. But instead, he was amused by her silly attempt hiding it away, or even the way she always seemed so extremely shy when he was around.

"You draw?" He asked, getting a quick nod from her as she clutched the notebook and pencil tightly to her chest. "Let's see." He then said, but only got a quiet laugh and a head shake in return. "Oh, come on. That bad?" He joked. "I'll tell you something: If you show me your drawing ... I'll show you a few tricks." She now thought about his offer, but then stared at him with an uncertain grin. She wasn't sure, if he was being serious. "Before I became Captain America, I studied art," he told her, still trying to wrap her around his fingers.

Still not giving up though, Steve went back to his room and came back a few minutes later to Arielle with one of his own sketchbooks, who finally couldn't resist looking at his own drawings. Defeated, she let out a deep breath and tapped her hand on the seat next to her and motioned Steve to sit down next to her. When he was next to her, the girl handed him the sketchbook and then covered her eyes with her little hands, and sleeves to spare her the embarrassment she was about to experience.