17. AGE OF MIRACLES

2008 | HYDRA FACILITY — If you cut off one head, two new ones will grow back

2008 | HYDRA FACILITY — If you cut off one head, two new ones will grow back. Today was the very first time the young boy was allowed to enter their hiding place and he was already waiting for his mentor, Agent Brock Rumlow, who had recruited him. After he got in, he then showed him the halls and the dark secrets that were hidden down here.

As soon as they met the dark gate with the huge blood-red skull, with the tentacles sticking out of it, he opened the heavy door and revealed a dark-lit laboratory. A dark-clad, bald man in a monocle came up to both of them and raised an eyebrow, when he the new guy. He eyed him carefully. He was a true legend in HYDRA circles ... a genius, the boy remarked with adoration. And his name was Baron Wolfgang von Strucker.

"Who do we have here, Agent Rumlow?" He asked, sounding extremely suspicious. He was an unpredictable man, but so was I. "My name is Agent Grant Ward, sir." the boy said, trying to stare firmly and convincingly into his eyes. "He will help me take care of Barnes and Siren." Rumlow explained and only now the boy found out about his job.

Strucker nodded and motioned the two to follow him through the huge laboratory. No matter where he looked there were scientists or agents who wore the red HYDRA symbol with a huge amount of pride on their clothes, and the room was tinkered with various devices or computers, which truly impressed him. They had the absolute control over what was going on out there and yet remained undiscovered for decades, he remarked amazed.

His hands grew colder the deeper he followed the older men. Eventually he realized why the room was getting colder and colder, when he found a man locked in some sort of cell, surrounded by glass. With awe he looked through the frozen window and saw a dark-haired man with a metal arm, who looked like he was sleeping – or rather unconscious. "This is Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes." Strucker declared in a German accent, looking proudly at their deadly weapon of destruction. "In 1940, he fought Red Skull alongside Captain America, but fell off a moving train on a mission into his death. " He paused and snorted in amusement. "Well, almost death. We found him covered in snow and saved what was left of him. Since then he's been our loyal soldier when we need him. In the last 50 years alone he has been responsible for over two dozen attacks." he said proudly.