Twenty-Eight✨

"Aubrey," I heard Carolynn squeal from behind me; I turned around to see Jeremy and her walking over to me; she was dressed in her everyday clothes, while he wore a red satin suit. "You look stunning."

"Thank you," I smile, running my fingers over the pink sequins skirt that flowed around me.

"Charlie is gonna love it," Jeremy stated; I frowned at his compliment. Both of them have been amazing at keeping my secret, except for every once in a while, Jeremy would say comments like this; I know he means no harm, but it still stung a little to know that Charlie wouldn't truly think I looked beautiful, he's acting. Carolynn must have noticed my sudden change of mood, because she nudged Jeremy, shaking her head.

"He's acting," I finally say, the three of us walking towards the set together, "that's all it's ever gonna be, okay?" Before Jeremy could respond, an arm wrapped around me from behind, their chin leaning on my shoulder.

"Hey," Charlie whispered into my ear; I bit my lip, holding in the grin that was forming on my lips. Ever since our kiss, well, I guess multiple kisses, during filming the other week, our relationship had become different. I had expected things to grow more awkward, but it seemed to be the exact opposite; if anything, we were more comfortable around one another, making our relationship far more believable to those around us. Charlie hadn't seemed too phased by our kisses, and I guess I shouldn't be shocked; he is an actor after all; after seeing how calm and collected he was, I forced myself to pull myself together; I'm a professional after all.

"Hey," I greet him, turning around, so we're facing one another, his hands dropping from their place around my waist; my eyes quickly scan over the navy-blue suit he wore; he wore no jacket though, of course; what was it with this boy and sleeves? His hair was styled messily, something I had been secretly hoping hair and makeup would do; he looked amazing.

"Wow," He broke the silence that had fallen over us; While I observed him discreetly, Charlie's eyes were wide, taking in my performance look. "You look beautiful." Just like that day in the trailer, I waited for him to smirk or wink, but he didn't; his expression remained serious; I glance at Jeremy out of the corner of my eye, to see him already looking back at me, a knowing smirk on his face.

"Thank you," I smiled, "Soyon seriously designed the coolest suits for you guys." I complimented back as we walked to the set; Jeremy and Carolynn were leading the way a couple of feet ahead. It is packed once we finally make it onto the set; cast, crew, and extras are all babbling excitedly about our final performance.

"Hey, look," Charlie nudged me, nodding over to the stage; Owen sat at his drums, already dressed in his pink suit, while Lilly stood beside him, giggling at some joke he was saying. Ever since her breakup with Aiden a couple of weeks ago, she and Owen have been hanging out more, and when he wasn't at our apartment, she was giggling at her phone, texting him 24/7.

"She looks so happy," I say, "has Owen mentioned anything about her?" Charlie hums, in response, nodding his head, "Okay, and?"

"He's gonna ask her if she wants to go the wrap party together," He says; a wide smile stretches across my face, "you know, without us, this probably wouldn't be happening." I glance up at him, our eyes connecting, "we make a pretty good team, Summers."

"We do," I nod in agreement, "even though I did majority of the work," I add, turning my attention back to the stage.

"Oof," He said, wincing as if I had offended him, "and here I thought we were past making petty comments."

"Aw, but where's the fun in that?" I ask, smirking up at him, "besides, I only have a few more weeks to annoy you; who am I gonna annoy once you're back in New Brunswick?" Charlie's smile falls slightly at my last comment; he recovers it before I can ask about it, shaking his head in amusement.