Thirty-Three✨

Two months later

"Aubs, are you ready?" Savannah called, knocking on the bathroom door; I glanced at my reflection in the mirror one last time, fluffing my hair slightly.

"I'm not," Lilly called out from another part of our suite; I chuckled lightly, stepping out of the bathroom; Savannah stood at the door waiting for us, smoothing down her lilac skirt, "is it weird that I'm nervous to see Owen?" Lilly asked; I chuckled lightly; she and Owen hadn't seen each other since his visit at new years, almost two months ago.

"Nah, that's normal," I respond; I remember feeling that way towards the end of Charlie and I's façade; every time I'd see him on set, or we'd go to one another's apartments, I'd get these nervous butterflies, "You could have seen him last night you know?" I remind her, strapping my heels onto my feet; last night, Kenny had invited us to dinner; I obviously would have loved to have gone, but a dinner with Tori and Charlie in attendance did not sound like my preferred evening.

"and leave you alone in a hotel room?" Lilly asked, finally joining Sav and me at the door; I smiled lightly as she shoved her converse on her feet; typical Lilly, even in her fanciest dress, she won't wear heels. "Now enough about me, how are you doing? You nervous to see Charlie?"

"Um," I hummed as I thought over her question; of course, I was nervous to see him; it's been almost two months since we've spoken; he has tried, of course, but I've got him blocked on practically everything. I didn't want to hear his sorry excuses or hear that he didn't feel the same; it would hurt too much. So, I've just cut him off, not allowing him to hurt me anymore than he already has. "a little bit." I finally answer, "but I'm not gonna let my nerves get the best of me; Jer and Care are finally getting married, and we're on our very first roomie vacation." I pushed my nerves and thoughts of Charlie aside, smiling confidently at my roommates; this was something I had gotten very good at over the last few weeks, hiding my emotions and pretending I was absolutely fine.

"It's okay to be nervous," Savannah reminded me, "we're both here if you need us; think of us as the Aubrey protection squad." I giggled at her new name for the two of them, "we'll make sure he stays far away." She exaggerated, dragging out the R.

"Let's not worry about him," I said; our best friends were getting married, they don't deserve to be babysitting all night; obviously I was still going to worry; it was hard not to; but Lilly and Sav didn't need to, not tonight anyway. "Now, c'mon, we don't want to be late." I changed the subject, linking my arms through both of theirs as we exited the room, making our way to the elevator.

"What are you going to do about Tori?" Lilly asked as we rode down to the lobby; I sighed; I hoped they would drop the conversation.

"Ignore her; I guess," I shrug; Tori was honestly the least of my worries; ever since the whole incident, she never reached out once; it's not like we were friends before it happened.

"She ignored you for months anyways, so-"Savannah added, stopping when the elevator doors slid open, Lilly interrupting her squealing excitedly and running into the arms of Owen, who stood just outside the elevator.

"Lils," He greeted, spinning her around slightly before placing her on the ground; Sav and I both stepped away, allowing the two of them to have their little moment together.

"Aubrey, Savannah," Kenny greeted us both, walking over; I scanned the lobby for the other two people attending the wedding with us today, but neither Charlie nor Tori were here yet, "We missed you at dinner last night; how are you guys." We both chatted with Kenny for a little bit, talking about what we had been up to since we wrapped, "Aubrey, I was hoping we could talk in private." He said as the conversation winded down, "about you and-"

"Savannah knows everything," I inform him; she nodded her head in agreement.

"Oh, well, I just want to apologize," Kenny admits, "I selfishly asked you to fake a relationship as a ploy to get more views; it was wrong of me; if I had left it, you wouldn't have gotten hurt."

"Kenny," I shook my head; I didn't blame Kenny for any of this; it wasn't his fault Charlie hurt me; I know he would have never have put me in the position if he knew it was going to happen, "You don't need to apologize, it's okay," Kenny opened his mouth to argue. But, I continued before he got the chance to, "seriously, no hard feelings." I hugged Kenny tightly, reassuring him I was not mad in the slightest; Kenny was practically family at this point, I could never be angry with him.

"You should talk to him," Kenny said after we pulled away; I sighed; that's what everyone's been telling me, but sometimes, it's easier to leave it; I'm less likely to be hurt again this way.

"Maybe," I said to Kenny; he smiled proudly at my response before walking away.

"Are you really gonna talk to him?" Savannah asked once Kenny was gone; I shook my head; I only said that to make Kenny happy; I know he loves both Charlie and I, making him pick sides isn't fair.

"I'm only speaking to him if it's absolutely necessary," I inform her, linking my arm through hers, "c'mon, let's go; I would like to prolong having to reunite with Charlie for as long as possible." Sav chuckled but walked alongside me none the less; as we walked out of the building, I heard Owen loudly greet Charlie; the curious side of me wanted to turn and look, but I didn't; instead, I kept my head high, walking out of the building.

🤍

They reunite next chapter🙈
Also only a few more chapters left, and then rock bottom is over:(