Thirty-one✨

I turned around almost immediately, not wanting to look at them much longer; in front of me had stood Charlie and Tori, his hands held onto her waist securely while hers held his face, the two of them kissing like Charlie and I had done days prior. Charlie must have heard my feet hitting the floor as I rushed away from them because, within seconds, he was behind me, trying to keep up with me as a wormed my way through the crowds.

"Aubrey," He called out; I ignored him, continuing to walk towards our friends; I couldn't deal with this right now, "C'mon Bree," He said once more. Our friends must have noticed my expression because they all stopped dancing, watching the two of us with concern; I walked straight to the exit, only stopping when Charlie grabbed my wrist, keeping me in place.

"What's going on?" Madison asked, glancing between the two of us; I sighed, the last thing I wanted was everyone else getting involved in this, but I guess that's what Charlie gets for kissing another girl, especially at a wrap party full of our castmates.

"Ask Charlie," I muttered bitterly; glancing over at Madison, a few of our friends had come over, none of them sure about what was going on; all of their eyes traveled over to Charlie, waiting for him to explain.

"It's not what it looked like," He said; this only caused our friends to be more confused, "C'mon Bree-"

"It's not what it looked like?" I scoffed, I wasn't sure whether I wanted to yell at him or melt in a puddle of my own tears, but currently, I don't think I have any control over what I say; I was far too emotional to care, "So what was it supposed to look like then? Cause from where I stood, I'm pretty sure it looked like you kissing someone else."

"Can we just talk in private?" Charlie asked, reaching forward for my hand; I yanked it back quickly; I don't care that our relationship is fake; does he realize how embarrassing it is that my boyfriend chose someone else? Does he not realize that maybe I liked him for real, and watching him kiss someone would hurt me?

"In private?" I asked, chuckling lightly; the only thing that was helping me burst into tears was the anger raging through me, "you do not deserve to give me an explanation after what I saw."

"Bree," his voice cracked; he seemed almost as broken as me, but I would not be stupid enough to believe he was feeling the same; I was broken because of what he did; he was upset because he got caught, "I just wanna talk, alone."

"Why? So, you can let me down easy?" I asked; Charlie opened his mouth to reply, but I cut him off before he could, "Let me make it easier for you then, this," I gestured between the two of us, "is finished."

"You don't mean that," He replied, stepping forward; I took a step back, not allowing him to get any closer.

"Like you didn't mean kissing someone else?" I ask, shaking my head; tears brim my eyes, and I take a breath trying to keep them from following, don't allow him the satisfaction of seeing you cry Bree, he isn't worth it.

"What's going on?" Tori asked in a sickly-sweet voice, placing her hand on Charlies' arm; I hoped he would brush her off, but he doesn't. "You okay, Charlie?"

"I need to go," I finally said, seeing her was my final straw; I can't deal with this anymore, "you guys are perfect together, congratulations." I push open the doors making my way out of the building; I hear various footsteps following behind, but I don't turn around to see who it is; it isn't until I'm finally outside that someone calls my name.

"Aubrey?" Owen calls; I turn around to face him; I watch as his expression falters at the sight of me, "Come here," without hesitation, I run forward, crashing into Owens extended arms. I finally let the emotions I'd been holding in out, crying into Owen's chest as he strokes my head; I'm sure in the morning I'll be mortified for being so emotional, but at the moment, I couldn't care less; I needed this. I shiver slightly; I had been in such a rush to get out of there, I had forgotten my coat. Seconds later, I heard the door shut, "It's just Lilly and Savannah," Owen said; he must have felt me tense up; I couldn't deal with seeing Charlie again, I don't think I'll be able to face him for a long time.

"You doing okay, sweetie?" Savannah asked, passing me my jacket; I took it from her, quickly sliding it on.

"Not really," I answer honestly; All three of them nodded in understanding, "do you mind dropping me off at home? Charlie was my ride."

"Of course," Lilly said, squeezing my hand comfortingly leading me to the car; we drove in silence pretty much the whole way home, the only sound coming from me sniffling quietly every once in a while. Once we made it home, I expected at least Owen and Lilly to go back to the party and finish their date, but they didn't. Instead, we all walked into the apartment; I instantly curled up on the couch once we entered, not bothering to change out of my dress.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Savannah asked from the kitchen, where she was making me a cup of tea. With no hesitation, I began to tell them everything; about our fake relationship, how I slowly started hating him less, the night at his parents, and finally, the feelings I had discovered a few weeks prior. The three of them listened intently, allowing me to tell them everything; at the end, the tears that had finally stopped falling returned, falling down my already tear-streaked face.

"Are you mad at me for lying?" I asked after a few minutes; the three of them had been pretty silent, taking in everything I told them.

"Of course not," Lilly reassured, squeezing my knee comfortingly, "we're just worried. Are you going to be okay, Aubrey?" I thought about her question for a moment before answering; at the moment, my world felt like it was crashing down around me, and I couldn't see an end in sight; but I knew it wouldn't last forever; I'm too strong for this; the pain has to fade eventually, right?

"I'm not sure," I finally answer, my voice full of defeat; I had done the thing I promised myself I would never let happen, I allowed a boy to break my heart.

🤍
Definitely one of the hardest chapters to write...
I promise you happiness will come soon🙈
Love you all so much💛