Thirty-four✨

"Lilly texted that they just parked," Savannah whispered to me; I took a breath nodding in response; I couldn't avoid him forever. "You've got this," Savannah reassured, squeezing my hand comfortingly, "Just pretend your calm, cool and collected; you being freaked out can be our secret."

"You're right," I nod, smiling lightly; I sit up a little straighter than I had been moments earlier; I can't let him know that him being here affects me; as far as he can see, he will think I am unbothered by his presence.

"Luckily, the ceremony starts right when they enter." She said; I checked the clock on my phone, I hadn't realized they were so late, but then again, It's Owen and Charlie we're talking about. "and there aren't enough seats for them to sit up here with us, so we still have the entire ceremony to go."

"Have I ever told you you're the best, best friend and roomie?" I ask Savannah; I don't know what I would do without her and Lilly here; it would be a lot worse, that's for sure.

"Once or twice," She shrugged in response, a playful smile on her face; just as scheduled, the ceremony began moments later. I assumed the rest of them made it in on time, but I never turned around to check, my best friends were getting married, and I am not going to allow him to distract me from that. Luckily, throughout the ceremony, my thoughts about him were limited; I was too busy focusing on what Jeremy and Carolynn were saying to allow them to enter my mind. It wasn't until they kissed for the first time as a married couple and began exiting the outdoor area that I began to feel the familiar sense of dread. "Alright, you've got this; just remember, calm, cool, and collected," I repeated her final words in my head over and over. Maybe if I thought about it enough, it would eventually happen; any sense of calmness that I felt utterly vanished at the sight of his messy brown hair in the distance.

"There you are," Lilly sang as we walked over; Charlie turned around almost immediately, his eyes wide in shock; I gripped onto my purse tightly, hoping it would calm my shaking hands.

"Hi," Charlie greeted breathlessly; if this had been months ago, I would have thought he looked adorable in his suit and bow tie; his hair was still a mess of curls, but it had grown out since I'd last seen him; besides that, he looked the exact same, I don't know why I had expected him to change though; even though it had felt like a lifetime since I last saw him, it has only been three months.

"Hey," I nod, greeting him; I could feel everyone's eyes on us, all of them ready to jump in if we needed, well probably not Tori though, let's be honest. While Charlie's eyes were still wide, and it was undeniable that he felt awkward, I made sure I looked composed on the outside; aside from my shaking hands and rapid heartbeat, no one was able to tell how nervous I truly felt.

"I um, you look-"Charlie stuttered, trying to find words to say.

"I'm gonna go get something to drink," I cut off his rambling, glancing around at the people around us, "you guys want anything?"

"I'll come with," Lilly said, linking her arm through mine; before anyone could tell if they wanted anything, Lilly dragged me away, Owen trailing behind the two of us, "we need to talk." She informed me, I waited for her to crack a smile, but both her and Owens expressions remained serious.

"We know Charlie really hurt you, and the only reason you don't wanna talk about it is because you don't want to get hurt again, but we think you should talk to him," Owen continued; I sighed, glancing over at where the rest of our cast stood; Charlie was currently talking to Savannah, but I could tell he was watching us out of the corner of his eye.

"I can't," I finally say, "not right now at least." I guess eventually we would have to talk; it would be hard to film a season 2 if we didn't. Still, I don't know if I can handle having that talk and reuniting with him all in the same day. "you guys are right about me not wanting to get hurt again; today is supposed to be a happy day, remember?"

"C'mon Bree," Owen pleaded, "please, you need to hear him out; it's not-"

"If she doesn't want to talk to him, she doesn't have to," Lilly cut Owen off; I smiled gratefully at her, grabbing a bottle of water off the drink table beside us. As I walked back to the group, I could hear Lilly and Owen quietly whispering about something behind me; I try listening in, but unlike their usual "whispering," I can't make out a word of what they're saying.

Aubreysummers.xo posted a photo!

xo posted a photo!

>

Liked by charles_gillespie

Liked by charles_gillespie. dovecameron and 2,497,567 others

aubreysummers.xo
My best friends got married, I love you both forever💙

(Also can we all just take a min to appreciate how gorgeous Carolynn looks.)

tagged: jeremyshada, carolynnshada

view more comments...

savannahleemay
They look so happy🥺

savannahleemay
Also wow that second picture tho... who took it, they're an AMAZING photographer

aubreysummers.xo
Some random girl I met in the hotel lobby, she was pretty cool🤷🏽‍♀️ @savannahleemay

kennyortagablog
Love this!! 👻❌

themadisonreyes
Our bandmate is married🥺🥺

aubreysummers.xo
They grow up so fast🥺 @themadisonreyes

lilly.young
I am so pumped for the reception!!

savannahleemay
^^ Me tooooo

owenjoyner
Same!! I've been practicing my Cupid shuffle in preparation

aubreysummers.xo
So have I! @owenjoyner, I'm stealing you away from Lilly for that one😉

charles_gillespie
An Owen and Aubrey dance number... sounds interesting

owenjoyner
I don't know what you mean... we're the best dancers I know🤷🏼‍♂️

aubreysummers.xo
^^ period.👏🏽

lilly.young
Yes... @charles_gillespie

🤍
They reunited and things are awkward🙈
What do y'all think is gonna happen next?