Fourteen✨

It was a typical Saturday morning in our apartment; Lilly was in the kitchen, flipping pancakes, while Sav and I set the table together. Savannah and I had volunteered to help cook the food, but Lilly always refused; you almost set fire one time, and you're deemed a bad cook. Saturday morning brunches weren't unusual for us, but this particular morning was different; Charlie, Jeremy, and Owen were joining us. I pretended to be excited about it; I even wore my cutest pair of Pajamas, hoping it would seem as if I was trying to impress the boy they thought was my boyfriend.

"Hello," Charlie's familiar voice called into our house; Savannah and Lilly both chuckled lightly, while I just shook my head; to them, I looked amused, but in reality, I was annoyed.

"Have you ever heard of knocking?" I call out; Charlie enters the kitchen and leans against the counter I was standing by.

"Is that any way to greet your boyfriend?" He mutters quietly, so only I can hear; an annoying smirk etched across his face. I roll my eyes, wrapping my arms around his shoulder, pulling him in for a hug. As I lean my head on his shoulder, Savannah and Lilly hold their hands to their hearts, playfully pouting at us. I furrow my eyebrows when their expressions change, this time their eyes wide with shock. I go to ask what's wrong when I feel a dainty hand touch my shoulder.

"My turn," I pulled out of Charlie's arms immediately, recognizing the voice as Jeremy's fiancé, Carolynn. "Aubrey," She squealed, pulling me into a hug; I hugged her back, much more excited about hugging her then hugging Charlie.

"I thought you were coming at the end of the month?" I ask her; I squeeze her one last time before pulling away.

"Surprise," She sang, holding up jazz hands; Lilly and Savannah's shock must have worn off because the two of them pushed past Charlie, pulling Carolynn into a hug. As the two of them greeted Carolynn, I greeted Owen and Jeremy; after everyone hugged, we sat at the table; and began digging into the food, everyone breaking off into small conversations. I sat between Charlie and Owen, deciding to talk to the blond boy instead of my assumed boyfriend. He didn't seem to mind though, Lilly sat at the head of the table next to him, talking animatedly about a scene she had filmed the week prior.

"So," Jeremy asked, once we all finished eating, all of us retreating to sit in the living room. "Are any of you going to the concert tomorrow night?" Jeremy asked, referring to the Jonas Brothers tickets Kenny messaged the cast about the other night.

"We are," Charlie answered on behalf of the both of us, pulling me into his side; I nod, in agreement, wishing we were alone so I could scold him for answering for me.

"I am," Owen added in; I smiled over at him excitedly; Owen and I had been preparing for the concert over the last couple of days, playing their music whenever the cameras weren't rolling.

"I'm going," Savannah said, "I think Tori is too," Charlie and I glanced at one another knowingly; I had tried everything this past week to get her to be my friend; I complimented the routine every chance I got, asked her for help even when I didn't need it, and even brought her in coffee one morning; but even after all of that, she was still hostile towards me; it had been a long week, to say the least.

"I wish," Lilly said; I glance over at her confused, even though we hadn't talked about it, I assumed she was coming. "I already have plans that night."

"Us too," Jeremy agreed with her, "we booked reservations at this new restaurant, and then we're exploring the city."

"Why aren't you coming, Lil?" Owen asked her; I could tell he was trying to play it off as if it didn't bother him, but I knew Owen well enough by now to tell when he was disappointed.