Twenty-Four✨

"So," I nudged the girls on either side of me; after a long day of blocking the performance, we were finally ready to perform it, and we're headed to the set, "Any hints on what we're doing tonight?"'

"Nope," Savannah said, popping the P; Lilly just pretended to zip her lips, shaking her head. Everyone had been very secretive about the plans for my birthday; all I knew was that Charlie would be driving me to our destination after we wrapped this evening.

"At least tell me it's not something extravagant," I ask; knowing Charlie, he probably went against my requests.

"It's perfect!" Lilly finally spoke; I nodded; if it were just Charlie planning this thing, I'd be a little more doubtful, but Lilly and Savannah know what I like. "You're gonna love it, though; Charlie really knows you." I resist the urge to furrow my brows in confusion; I guess maybe he had learned a few things during all of our time together. I instantly push my thoughts away when I notice the frown on Lilly's face; Sav must have seen to; because before we could make it onto the Edge of Great set, she stopped, pulling Lilly and me to the side.

"Okay, spill," She said, "we can tell somethings wrong."

"I'm fine," Lilly reassured; Sav and I both raised our brows at her, not believing her excuses, "Okay, I just sometimes wish that Aiden would treat me the way Charlie treats you." I know this was the confession I'd been waiting for but hearing her say it was still kind of sad; she seemed so conflicted.

"Why do you let him treat you the way he does?" I ask; Lilly takes a breath, thinking over how to answer the question.

"He likes me," She shrugs, "and it felt nice having someone else show interest for once."

"He doesn't treat you right," Savannah said; we had been waiting for weeks to have this talk with Lilly we were going to the other night, but we didn't want to push her.

"He was sweet at first," She informed us, "but after we started dating, he became so controlling and strict; I know-" Lilly pauses, not wanting to finish her sentence, but I'm pretty sure I know what she wants to say.

"Owen would never treat you like this?" I ask her; Lilly's eyes fall to the ground, and she nods sadly, "do you still like him?"

"I never stopped," She admitted; my heart lept at her words, "but he's never gonna feel the same; that's why I started things with Aiden; I need to get over him." I wish I could just yell that Owen is crazy for her, but that's not my secret to share; it needs to come from him.

"You don't know that," I inform her, grabbing her hand in mine and squeezing it reassuringly, "You shouldn't settle Lils; you deserve better than Aiden." My hope is for Lilly to agree and finally see her worth, but she just shrugs in response; instead, a sad smile taking over her face.

"We should get to set," She said, changing the subject; Savannah and I shared a sad glance, "the quicker we film this, the quicker we can celebrate your birthday." She nudged me; a familiar cheerful smile took over her face, and she walked away, leaving Sav and I behind her.

"Ugh," Savannah groaned, running her fingers through her hair, "I wish she could see her the way we do; then she'd see how much more she deserves." I nod sadly, my eyes watching her as she talked with Jadah.

"At least she's finally admitted how bad he treats her," I shrug; now all we needed was for her to realize her worth; I linked my arm through Sav's, leading the two of us to the set.

"Okay, like this," I heard Tori instruct Charlie, once we got near the rest of the cast; Tori currently kneeled on the piano, Charlie leaned against it and looking up at her, they were rehearsing the Lena and Luke moment during the bridge. "Yeah, exactly." I took a breath at their close proximity; I didn't even get that close to Charlie during this part of the song, so why was she right now.

"You okay?" Savannah asked; I broke my gaze away from Charlie and Tori, "I know Tori likes Charlie, but you don't have to worry; he would never do anything to hurt you, Bree." I mentally scowl myself for being so visibly upset; I don't even know why I'm upset in the first place; it's not like Charlie and I are actually dating; the two of us are barely friends. "I have to go stand in the back with Sacha; you gonna be okay?" I smile lightly at her concern, nodding my head; with that, Savannah waves goodbye, walking over to the back of the set.

"Hey," I greet my bandmates, breaking Tori and Charlie away from their private rehearsal, "I thought we already rehearsed this part earlier?"

"We did," Charlie nodded, moving so he no longer leaned against the grand piano, "Tori just wanted to make sure it was perfect."

"Of course, she did," I nod, trying my best not to roll my eyes in annoyance, "well, I think he's got it; thanks, Tori." Before she can call, Paul calls her name; now that everyone was on set, we're going to get started with Edge of Great.

"Wow," Charlie mutters, smirking at me teasingly; the two of us make our way into the studio, the doors shutting behind us, "are you jealous, Summers?"

"Me?" I scoff, chuckling lightly, "Charlie, I'm an actress, remember?" Charlie just shakes his head in response, stepping closer, so we were only inches apart now.

"I've seen you act before, Bree," He reminds me, his voice no longer teasing like it was moments ago; I take in a breath, I expect him to crack a smile or do something to indicate that he's kidding, but his face remains serious.

"Hey Bree, Charlie," Owen greets, walking over to the two of us; I let out the breath I was holding, stepping away from Charlie slightly, "How's your birthday going so far?" Owen asks, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Good," I nod, looking up at him, "I'm excited to get off work and celebrate with everyone."

"Well," Owen squeezed my shoulder, "let's get this scene done; so we can party."

🤍
The birthday party chapter is next!!
Any guesses on what it'll be?🙈
Also... I'm struggling to come up with a gift for Charlie to get Bree, if any of you have ideas, I'd love to hear them; my favourite might just make it into the next chapter💛 (I will also give credit/ dedicate the chapter to you if I like one!!)✨