Charlie POV #5✨

Moments in the wardrobe trailer...

You'd think having actual feelings for the person you're forced to be in a fake relationship with would make things easier, but it seemed to be the exact opposite with Aubrey. Even though I've definitely grown on her since our visit to my mom's, she still made it obvious whenever we are alone; this wasn't real to her, which I guess I can't be mad at; this isn't real. I found myself having to put on an act whenever we were alone, forcing myself to match her snarky comments and sarcastic remarks; if she knew I'd fallen for her, she'd freak out. I entered the high school gym, anticipating Aubrey to be here, already dressed in costume and running her lines with one of the guys or Madison; she was always extremely prompt. I've never been the kind of guy who's late for everything but being with Aubrey has made me show up early to things too, I wasn't too sure if it's because I wanted to be with her or because I was lowkey intimidated by her, but for the last few weeks, I'd been just as early as she's been.

"Charlie?" Tori asked, furrowing her brows in confusion; she was fully adorned in her full purple dirty candi costume, prepared to film her scenes; their band was filming wow today, while the rest of us filmed our reaction shots. "You're early," she noted in a slightly teasing manner.

"Bree's influence," I admit, shrugging my shoulders. Tori's small falls for a second at the mention of Aubrey, it's been weeks, and the two of them still haven't spoken. I've seen Aubrey try, she was continually asking her for help, complimented the routines, and even brought her coffee one morning, and all tori would respond with was cold one-word responses. I wasn't super close with Tori, but I was still nice to her, despite how annoyed I could sense it made Bree. "Speaking of, have you seen her?" I ask, glancing around the large room; Savannah and Lilly were on the other side of the gym, along with Aiden Lilly's new boyfriend, who seemed very uninterested in the conversation the two of them were having. I assume Aubrey is somewhere; the three of them are kind of a package deal.

"Oh, I don't think Aubrey's here yet," Tori shrugged; I open my mouth to say she probably around somewhere when Tori continues, "did you come to watch us rehearse?" She asks, changing the subject, playing with the ends of her purple wig.

"Uh," I glance around the room, as much as I wanted to say I came to see Aubrey, the girl Tori thinks I'm dating, but I'm too nice, so I instead, I nod, "yes." I did not sound believable in the slightest; still, Tori nodded, gesturing for me to follow her over to the rest of our friends.

"Savannah, that costume is sick!" I compliment the usually blonde girl, I usually would say something to Tori too, but knowing she has a crush on me, I'm trying not to come off flirty.

"Isn't it," Lilly replied enthusiastically; Savannah dramatically bowed, thanking us. I used to think Tori and I had a friendship like the one I had with Savannah, Lilly, and Madison, but ever since Bree and I have gotten together, it was obvious she didn't want that type of relationship.

"Weren't you wearing a beanie with this costume?" Savannah asked, nodding at me; I'd worn this exact outfit the other day while filming bright, and I'd completely forgotten the orange beanie I wore along with it.

"It must be in the wardrobe trailer," I inform them, "I should probably go get it before I forget," I tell them; Savannah and Lilly both smile brightly, waving me off; While Tori scours at the ground as if she's annoyed by my departure. The walk to the wardrobe trailer isn't very far, so I'm outside of it within minutes.

"Hey Soyon," I greet her while pushing open the door, "I forgot to grab my-"I expect to be met with Soyon when I enter the trailer, but instead, Aubrey is stood on a small platform, wearing a maroon-colored dress; she looked beautiful.

"Hey," She greets me breathlessly, awkwardly tugging on the ends of her dress; as if she was self-conscious, which makes zero sense to me; Aubrey always looked good, even when she wore sweats, and her hair was a mess, I don't think she could ever look bad.

"Uh, hey," I clear my throat, scratching the back of my neck. I break away from my thoughts and the trance Aubrey had on me for a minute, now noticing Madison and Soyon were also in the room. "sorry, I forgot my beanie," I inform her. I step forward to grab it off my rack of clothes, my arm brushing against Aubrey's in the process. Aubrey furrows her brows in confusion slightly, and I fear she can sense how nervous I feel.

"Do you like Bree's dress?" Madi asked, gesturing to Bree excitedly, "it's for Perfect Harmony."

"I love it," I nod, not hesitating to answer the question; Aubrey scans my face, I bet she's waiting for me to crack a smile or wink to indicate I'm kidding, but I don't. "You guy's almost ready to film?" I change the subject, placing my orange beanie on my head.

"Yeah," Aubrey nods; she seems visibly relieved that the attention has been taken off her, "I just need to change." I don't take my eyes off her the entire time as she walks behind the curtain.

"I'm gonna go to the gym," Madi yells loudly as if Aubrey isn't in the same room; I chuckle, shaking my head in amusement, following the younger girl out anyways, "Are you coming?" Madison asked, turning around to face me when she notices I'm not following her.

"Nah, I'm gonna wait for Aubrey," I inform her, nodding towards the trailer where my so-called girlfriend was getting ready; Madison nods, walking ahead to today's set. I could stand around and wait for Aubrey, or I could jump out and scare her, and no matter how much I like her, teasing her is still insanely fun.

"I'll see you later, Soyon," I hear her say to our costume designer; I hide behind the door, jumping out as she exits.

"Boo," I exclaim as Aubrey lets out a squeal, holding her hands in front of herself as protection. I hunch over, laughing at how scared she got; you would have thought something terrible was happening by how loud she screamed; that was amazing.

"I hate you, Charlie Gillespie," She mutters; she slaps my arm, walking away before I could reply.

"Aw, c'mon Summers," I ran to catch up to her, Aubrey glanced over at me, and I pouted playfully, "C'mon Bree, I was only kidding," I smirked proudly when a small smile appeared on her lips; it was reassuring to know I was able to make Aubrey smile like that.

"I hate you," She repeats, turning away from me, biting her lip as she tries to suppress the smile, man, she's cute.

"Mhm," I hum sarcastically, wrapping my arm around her shoulder, "Sure you do."

🤍