Thirty-Two✨

Two weeks later...

"I love it," Lilly squealed as she opened her gift; it was currently Christmas day, and Lils was on facetime with Owen, opening the gifts they had sent in the mail to one another. I tried to smile at her excitement; I was happy for her obviously, but sometimes, seeing how happy the two of them are reminded me of how Charlie and I could've been, for real, not just pretend. It has been two weeks since the show wrapped, meaning two weeks of mending my broken heart, two weeks of picturing their kiss in my head every time I closed my eyes, and two weeks of ignoring every text and call he sent my way.

"You okay?" Savannah asked, leaning beside me against the kitchen island facing into the living room. I shrugged in response; every day was different; sometimes, I was sad and cried in my room for what felt like hours, and other days I was angry at him, wanting nothing more than to yell at him and slash his tires. Today, I just felt numb, and despite being surrounded by my roommates, alone.

"I don't know," I finally answer, "I just can't help but think what today would have been like if-"I pause, saying it out loud made it real; it was sometimes easier just to deny that I was hurt.

"If you were still together?" Savannah asked; I nodded in response, a comfortable silence fell over the two of us, and we watched Lils open her gifts; pretty soon after the wrap party, she and Owen finally got together; both felt extremely guilty about it at first, I had just gotten my heart broken after all; but once I reassured them it was okay, they went on to being the cutest couple.

"Bree, Sav," Lilly waved us both over, "Owen and I wanna give you our gift before he hangs up." Savannah and I both obey, promptly moving into the living room. "Here, hold Owen." She passed me her phone before skipping into her room excitedly; Savannah and I shared a glance, both confused as to what the two of them could have gotten us.

"Hey Owen," I greet the blonde boy who's smiling excitedly through the screen.

"Merry Christmas," Savannah sang, leaning her head on my shoulder so he could see her, "You know you didn't have to get us a present, right?"

"Okay, close your eyes," Lilly warned, peeking her head out of the door; I furrowed my brows but shut my eyes anyway, "no peeking, Owen, make sure they don't peek."

"Yes, ma'am," Owen said; I could hear Lilly shuffling around for a few more seconds, not sure what she could possibly be doing.

"Okay," She sang, her voice getting closer, "and open." I opened them immediately, curious and excited to see what our two friends had gotten us; both Savannah and I gasped, jumping up from our spot on the couch so we could run over to where Lils stood.

"You're kidding?" I squealed; Lilly shook her head, holding the small French bulldog out to me; I instantly took him from her arms, hugging it close to my chest; I giggled lightly as it licked my cheek, "you actually got us a puppy?" I asked again; this time, tears brimming my eyes; it felt refreshing to have tears brim my eyes and not be from sadness.

"My turn," Savannah said, holding her arms out; I frowned playfully, passing her the dog anyway; it was kind of heavy, not going to lie.

"Hey," Owen called out; I turned around at the sound of his voice; I left the phone he was talking to us through on the couch in the midst of my excitement, "I wanna see."

"Have I ever mentioned you are the best?" I asked Owen, picking up the cellphone; I held my arm out, allowing him to see all of us girls and the dog that sat in Savannah's arms.

"Not as often as I'd like," Owen jokes, smiling at me teasingly, "So, do you like him?"

"We love him," I correct Owen, speaking on behalf of both Savannah and I, "does he have a name?"