Nineteen✨

I trailed behind Charlie, dragging my suitcase behind me; since saying goodbye to his family, neither of us had spoken to one another unless it was absolutely necessary. I'm not gonna lie; I was glad he wasn't teasing me or asking questions about last night. I still wasn't exactly sure what made me ask him to spend the night in the bed with me; luckily, I had woken up before him and was able to escape from his arms before we could have an awkward conversation about it.

"What are you doing for the rest of the day?" Charlie asked, pausing so I could catch up with him; I was slightly taken aback by his question; it almost sounded as if he wanted to hang out; I assumed after this, we'd go our separate ways.

"Lilly is on another date," I answer, thinking back to the conversation I had with both of my roommates earlier, "and Savannah has dirty candy rehearsal." It sucked that both of my roommates wouldn't be home to greet me when I arrived, but I understood and was happy to have some time to relax by myself.

"Do you wanna hang with Owen and I for a bit?" He asked; I furrowed my brows in confusion at his question; I mean, sure, last night definitely changed the dynamic of our "relationship," but I didn't think that would mean hanging out when it wasn't necessary. "Owen asked," He added, noticing my confused expression, "he said he needs to talk to us both." I nod in understanding, trying to think of what Owen could possibly need from the both of us; luckily, the Uber ride back to Charlie and Owen's apartment isn't very long, and the both of us are standing outside of his door in no time.

"Owen," I sing excitedly as we enter the apartment; I expect for Owen to match my excitement, but he doesn't. Instead, we find him in the living room, staring down at his phone. "You okay?" I ask, moving to sit in the empty spot beside him.

"Uh, yeah," He shuts off his phone, placing it on the coffee table. "Hi Bree," He greets, now smiling and pulling me into a side hug. "How was your trip?" He asks, nodding hello to Charlie, who takes a seat on one of the chairs across from us.

"It was good," Charlie answers for the both of us, "It was nice being home for a little bit."

"His family was really great," I add; not having to stretch the truth like I thought I would, "How about you? How was Friendsgiving?"

"It was interesting..." Owen shrugged; I frowned, racking my brain for reasons he was responding the way he was; Owen gets along well with everyone in the cast, so why hadn't he had a good time the other night. "Did you know Lilly went with Aiden?" I nodded in realization after he said that; I had known about Lilly and Aiden going together; I had helped pick out her outfit via text message. The two of them had begun spending a lot more time together, and now I'm pretty sure I know what's bothering Owen.

"Did they seem like they were having a good time?" I asked; I didn't want to straight-up accuse him of being jealous.

"Um yeah," I nodded, running his fingers through his hair, "I didn't really talk to them much, but she seemed happy." I glanced over at Charlie, nodding for him to say something; I had never had to comfort a guy about a girl before; usually, it was the other way around.

"Are you jealous?" Charlie blurts out; I cringe at his abruptness; my goal was to get him to admit it on his own time. Owen's eyes widened slightly, clearly taken aback by what his roommate was asking.

"Oh, um," He stuttered, not really sure how to answer, "I don't know."

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to," I placed my hand on top of Owens reassuringly while shooting Charlie a glare.

"How about this, what do you feel when you see Lilly and Aiden together?" Charlie continues; I sigh, shaking my head; some things never change.

"I feel this weird pit in my stomach," He begins explaining, "Seeing him make her laugh makes me think of times I used to make her laugh; I'm sad that I'm not the person telling her stupid jokes anymore." He explains, looking down at his hands bashfully, "and sometimes, I'm mad at Aiden for being the one to make her that happy, even though he's a nice guy." I can feel Charlie looking at me, but I keep my focus on Owen; hearing him describe how he felt about Lilly and Aiden made me think about the way I felt when Tori would interact with Charlie, but I can't be jealous of that, right?