Chapter 25: Luna

It was late morning when she stepped into the throne room. She wore a flattering, long black dress that flared at the waist.

"Where were you?" He demanded, eyes searching her body for any injuries.

"I returned early in the morning, when you were still asleep. I didn't want to wake you. I already treated my wounds." Luna explained.

He stepped down from his throne, drawing her into an embrace. And without warning, a tear slid from his cheek. "You came back."

"Of course I did," she whispered, putting her arms around his neck.

"I thought you would leave me." His voice cracked at that, and he held her tighter. "I thought you would leave me forever."

"Then why didn't you go looking for me?" She inquired, burying her face in his neck. He smelled clean, like fresh mint. His fingers were ice cold, even though the castle had an abundance of fireplaces.

He exhaled, fingers running through her hair gingerly.

Amore getting shattered. Celestia beaten and bloody on the dungeon floor. Specter being punctured by crystals. Her mind went through the images of all his brutalities.

She stiffened in his grasp, pulling away, ready to run-

"I've got you," he promised, one hand now on the small of her back, the other on her head. "I've got you."

She wondered what he truly meant by that. He could mean it in the sense that he was there for her, always by her side.

But she had a feeling there was a sinister underlying message. One that said I've got you, and now you'll never leave. I own you.

Her body shivered as she considered all these things. He drew away slightly, frowning with concern. His hands shifted down to her upper arms, gripping her tightly. "Luna. You're shivering. Are you cold?"

She looked away, ignoring the loose curl that fell into her face.

She flinched slightly as his fingers brushed her cheek, the same images replaying in her mind. He tucked the curl behind her ear.

"You can talk to me," he almost pleaded. "You know I'll listen. Is everything ok?"

"I'm cold," she lied, mustering a small smile for his sake. "I'll just get a cloak or-"

He was already undoing the clasp on his. It was a beauty: deep scarlet lined with white fur. It screamed power, more than anything.

He placed it around her shoulders, fastening it. The cloak did its appearance justice: velvety, soft, but light enough that it wouldn't weigh her down. It was still warm from when he was wearing it.

She removed a few locks of hair from where they had gotten caught under the cape, letting them settle on her shoulder.

"Is that better?" He purred, his lips brushing her ear.

"A lot better," she agreed.

He smiled. "Since you like it so much, I'll get one made for you as well."

She blushed. "Thank you."

He leaned into her, pushing her up against the wall. Her body reacted before her mind, cupping his face gently and pulling him in for a kiss. Their lips collided. Though they had kissed before, this one was different. There was a hunger between them. They needed each other.

His lips trailed down her jaw, to her neck. She pressed herself up against him, sliding her hands under his shirt, feeling perfectly sculpted muscles. She wanted more of him, to hold onto him.