Chapter 5: Luna

By the time Luna reached the Starry Nightclub, the party was already in full swing.

She wore a strapless high-low cocktail dress and an embroidered masquerade mask dripping with jewels, which were popular there. Her platform heels echoed on the cobblestone roads. Collections of diamonds, sapphires and blue topazes adorned her wrists and neck.

She came here because she could be herself. She could drink Cosmopolitans, dance and sing her heart out, just like any other teenager. She could forget about everything going on in her life for a few hours. The few times Luna had those opportunities to come here, she grabbed the chance.

She decided to go dance first, as dancing after a full Cosmopolitan was as smart as her sending troops to attack the Crystal Empire.

She danced for an hour and a half, her only care in the world the pounding music and what move to perform next.

The Stars were starting to pull people from the audience. "And when you get the chance!"

A girl with a spiky bob haircut grabbed her hand. "Come on up and dance!"

"You are the dancing queen! Young and sweet, only seventeen!" They stood in a semi circle around her as she danced, throwing off her heels to do so.

Luna always wore shorts under her dresses. She performed a series of flips and topped it off with an aerial.

"See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen!" They finished.

Luna finished her dance moves, giving the audience a slight curtsy.

"It's Mystica!" Someone in the audience yelled.

In the Starry Nightclub, she was known as Mystica, the ravishing girl who would only visit once every few months, dressed in exquisite outfits and joining the Stars to perform. But her face was always masked.

She gave the audience another curtsy and walked off stage, finding the nearest changing room.

Her heart swelled with joy: the Starry Nightclub was her domain. She got attention from almost everyone: the bartender, the waitresses, the Stars, the manager even. So this is what Celestia must feel like everyday, she thought, her happy feelings rotting with jealousy. What does Celestia have that I don't?

But she pushed away those feelings. For this was her night, her club. Celestia should be out of her mind. A Cosmopolitan will make me feel better, Luna thought, exiting the changing room to go get one.

But when she re-entered the main room, she was not ready for what she saw. Anarchy was the only way she could describe it. There was an extremely vicious bar fight in one corner, while some magicians were actually shooting stun spells at people in the crowd!

Thump! She accidentally knocked a screaming Star to the ground.

"I'm so sorry! Are you all right?" Luna asked her.

"Mystica? I'm ok, what is happening?" The girl shrieked. Luna vaguely remembered the girl being called Chrissy.

"Let's stick together!" Luna shouted over the commotion.

"To the bar! My friends are there!" Chrissy started stumbling over there.

Luna followed, but her mind was elsewhere: she was determined to root out the cause of this chaos. It took some searching, and then she saw it.

A boy with flaming red eyes, sitting rather calmly in his chair, intently focused on the bar fight. His eyes held no mercy, and the grin on his face...it was sickening. He enjoyed this.