Chapter 14: Luna

The rich blue fabric was embroidered with swirls and flowers of shining silver threads, ending at the high collar fastened at the throat with a single sapphire. The sleeves were cut off at the shoulder, while the tight-fitting dress flared into a fishtail.

Her usual tumble of locks was swept up into an elegant updo and held in place by a jeweled lotus clip. A few loose strands ran rampant, framing her face with streams of curls.

Big, silver moons dangled from her ears, while a bangle of the same color was clasped around her wrist.

The look was finished with a midnight silk fan decorated with vibrant flowers.

A gentle knock sounded. Luna opened the door, finding Sombra standing there. He wore a black velvet jacket trimmed with red dragons, and shining leather shoes.

"You look beautiful."

"Thank you. You look great too," Luna complimented him, linking her arm through his. The only thing off about the perfect night was the downcast look in Sombra's eyes.

He avoided her gaze as they descended the marble staircase, cutting through a series of vacant rooms and exiting the palace.

"I'm really sorry about Jet. Hopefully tonight will cheer him up, though." It had been a week since she was released from the hospital. She insisted on getting back to more strategizing, but instead her friends all suggested they go party together.

But who was she to deny herself that luxury? In a world full of so much grief, the least all of them could do was share a happy moment together. Cherish their youth and be kids one more time.

"Is Tia coming along as well?" Sombra asked her.

Luna gritted her teeth. Why did everything have to go back to Celestia? "Of course not," Luna snapped defensively.

Her friend group, her nightclubs...this was something she wanted for her and herself alone. These were the two things that were things she could truly call her own. And she would keep it that way.

The cool mist of thawing winter sent chills running up both their spines, while the streets were moist. Inside the Sunset Spectacle, a party raged, cheers echoing through the desolate roads.

But from far away, the roars sounded too much like war cries, screams and chaos resounding around her-

"Hey." It was Sombra, pulling her back to reality. "We'll be able to defend ourselves if anything happens. Let's just have a good time."

Luna nodded, pushing back memories of the massacre. This was a nightclub, not a warzone.

Both of them pushed open the nightclub doors. The dancing, the music and the smell of alcohol overwhelming their senses.

The lights were dim, shrouding the room in sunset through delicate silks and vibrant colors. A bar sat comfortably in the corner, fully equipped with a wide variety of alcohols and comfortable stools.

"So," another silky-smooth voice came from behind them. And it was Jet. Dressed up in attire similar to his brother's, with a smirk and playful glint in his eyes.

"Jet!" Sombra turned around, delighted to see his brother healed.

"No need to go crazy, it's not like I came back from the dead or anything," Jet remarked, running a hand through his hair.

Neither laughed at that. For they had all stared death in the face before. Those scars never healed.

"Hi guys!" Chrissy shrieked from a few feet away, waving ecstatically and running over to join them. Evangelista nodded to all of them, giving Chrissy a quick peck on the cheek. Chrissy's dress was green silk decorated with pink flowers, flaring at the waist. Evangelista's was ice blue, embroidered in lavender, and fell to her calves.