Transformation: Part 3

Blush. Eyeliner. Eyeshadow. Lip tint.

It was an early Saturday morning, and Chrissy was already up and about, applying her makeup and doing her hair. She mentally went through the list of things she hoped to do today-

A faint pounding, like a fist knocking on the inside of her skull, interrupted her peaceful reverie. Chrissy whirled around, catching sight of Yu Jin thrashing around in the cocoon.

They locked eyes, and though she couldn't hear what he said, she knew what he meant: let me out. His eyes held unspeakable fury, and she turned back to her vanity so she didn't have to see the look on his face.

What he said next was incomprehensible, so she attempted to find a way to make his speech audible while keeping him trapped in the cocoon.

"Maybe part of this is a sound-blocker?" Chrissy asked no one in particular, but her eyes flitted over to Yu Jin hopefully. He looked askance, avoiding all contact.

"I-I just want to talk to you," Chrissy said.

There were many layers of the cocoon. After getting rid of the first protective layer, she lightly prodded the new outside. It felt more fragile, and was a paler green. When her fist collided with the squishy material, it created the same thump Yu Jin had made.

This one. She got rid of it, and created a new protective layer.

"Yu Jin," she called his name like he was far away, lost in his own world of confusion. "I want to talk to you."

"You promised you wouldn't hurt me," Yu Jin spat. "You promised me."

"You promised you wouldn't leave," Chrissy replied, a tear running a black streak down her face, her fresh makeup ruined. She ignored it as it trailed down her neck.

Yu Jin curled his arms around himself protectively.

But she was at her breaking point. "Then what was that, huh?!" She screamed. "Using the excuse of needing to get some air? That's what they always say RIGHT BEFORE THEY RUN AWAY FROM YOU!"

He winced, cowering into the back of the cocoon. "I-"

"Am I not pretty enough for you?" She questioned him.

"What?" Yu Jin's face contorted from fear to confusion. "No-"

"It's my hair, isn't it?" She scrutinized, peering closely at her reflection in the mirror. "I get it. It can't compare to Evie's."

"What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with your looks!"

Chrissy ignored him, murmuring about the imperfections of her appearance before she stopped. A shaking fist raised next to her head, clenching, unclenching.

"I hate you," she growled at the mirror. "You cause so many problems."

"You destroyed what we have together," she snarled. "JUST GO AWAY!!!" The mirror splintered into pieces as she threw a punch, her knuckle dripping blood.

"You don't need to change for anyone else," she chided herself. "You don't need to change for anyone else!"

"Chrissy! Stop! Just tell me what exactly happened, and why are you so-"

"Everything else is the same about me, except for my appearance-"

Bang! The living room window seemed to shatter in slow motion, shards raining down in silver. A tall girl with brown hair in a tightly bound braid leaped through the window, brandishing a frying pan. "DON'T WORRY CHRISSY!!! I'M HERE TO SAVE YOU!!"