Chapter 26: Specter

Hi guys! I know it's been a REALLY long time and I'm sorry for that. :( but I'm so happy to be back!

 Specter had been trained in surviving interrogations before. But all of them were practices. This was reality: no do-overs, no second chances. That scared him the most. The mistakes he made had real consequences.

What he didn't expect was it to occur so soon. Minutes after Luna had left the room, a team of guards dragged him to his feet and chained him to a chair.  

The door slammed open, and in came Sombra and Luna. He despised how much they looked like a matching pair: they both shared a hunger, a desire to achieve their goals with any means necessary.

"You're a sick bastard," Specter blurted out. Luna shot him a death glare.

The only reason I haven't cut out that sharp tongue of yours is because someone else will, he remembered Elvira chiding him.

A black crystal materialized in Sombra's hand. It hovered through the air by itself, stopping inches in front of Specter's face. The point drew a hesitant line across his right cheekbone, as if unsure of what to do.

A small trickle of blood ran down his cheek, dripping onto his lap. This isn't dark magic yet. I need him to come close to using dark magic, so I can then steer his mind away from it.

"Oh, look, a cut," Specter drawled carelessly. "Is that the best you can do? I expected a bit more from the King of Shadows, considering that show you put on yesterday."

Luna pursed her lips tightly together, probably to avoid laughing. Sombra watched him closely, but Specter could tell by the rise and fall of his chest that he was trying to remain composed.

"You want a performance?" Sombra asked. "I'll give you a performance."

Specter didn't have time to brace himself. Sombra's fist went flying at him, colliding with the same cheek. He grimaced, allowing himself to mutter a quick Vampiric Curse, but otherwise keeping silent. He spat a line of blood across the floor, smirking internally when a droplet landed on Sombra's shoe.

"Luna? Would you like to go too?" Sombra asked her. Gross. He's holding her hand.

Luna analyzed her options, Specter considering them as well. If she said no, it would definitely arouse some suspicions. He knew that if they weren't working together, Luna would've seized the opportunity.

Please don't hit me too hard, Specter prayed.

"I'd love to." When Luna spoke, her voice was cold and unforgiving. The same way it had sounded when they had fought all those months ago.

Luna ran up to him and elbowed him in the forehead. He groaned in pain, blood already rushing into his face. The room seemed to wobble, his vision tinted red. "Why-so-hard," he mumbled.

It was as if she put all her pain and frustrations into that strike. And all her problems, directly or indirectly, were caused by him. He tried to swallow down his guilt. This is why you shouldn't let your emotions get the best of you, he could hear Elvira screaming. It makes you weak.

"Well done," Sombra congratulated her. "Feel better?"

Luna nodded. "He got what he deserved." It scared him how genuine she sounded.

The blood still hadn't stopped. Luna glanced over to him, checking on how he was doing. It then made sense to him. When he used his ability, his eyes would glow. But they would stand out much less amongst all the blood.