= Chapter 1 =

"Pfft hahahaha!" Both Aspen Hale and Lillian Rose burst into laughter at the televisions's hilarious sit com's joke.

Aspen reached to steal Lillian's ice cream because she had finished her own. Aspen scowled as Lillian slapped her hand, giving her a victorious grin.

"Alright girls, grab your luggage. We're just about ready to go." Mr. Hale said, shaking the sleeve of his expensive suit to check the time on a fine-looking watch.

"C'mon Lilli, we've got to go. A brand new year at Hogwarts... won't it be great!" Aspen asked, getting up, dragging her friend with her.

"I hope it will be." Lillian said, smiling brightly, yet an ounce of sadness was hidden behind her emotions. "... Oh shoot, I forgot to pack!"

The two girls ran into the room that Lillian slept in while she was staying at the Hale Estate. Aspen laughed jokingly at Lillian's unpacked trunk as Lillian punched her in the shoulder weakly. The two girls sighed and flopped on the bed.

"Want me to help?" Aspen giggled, sitting up so she was next to Lillian.

"That would be great, thanks." Lillian responded, a weak smile on her lips.

---------------

"Ahhh... Mya I'm stressing! Help me out here!" Dove Copper giggled as she furiously shoved literally all her belongings into her Gryffindor themed trunk.

"Girl - chill - you don't need your whole room at Hogwarts!" Mya Madranette laughed back, walking over to Dove's chest and withdrawing a few unneeded objects from it.

"Thanks." She replied, locking her trunk and grabbing Twilight's cage.

Mya did the same, only grabbing her grey cat, Tommy's, carrier instead of an owl cage. She looked over at her Gryffindor friend with a bright happy smile.

"To Hogwarts we go."

---------------

"Farewell mother." Ember McClain said politely, attempting to give a shy smile to her mom.

"Yes, yes. Bring honor to the family." She said coldly, flicking her hand and walking into the kitchen.

"Ready kiddo?" Her father asked.

"Yes." She said, heaving in a sigh before grabbing her luggage and holding onto her father's arm.

He smiled at her before closing his eyes, apparating them to a muggle-safe room in the King's Cross Train Station. She picked up her lightly packed trunk and set it on a nearby cart.

"Bye dad."

"Bye kiddo. Have a great year!"

---------------

"Hurry up Hermione." Eleara Fernsby giggled as her cousin, Hermione Granger struggled to keep up.

"Ugh..." Hermione laughed, finally catching up as they reached Platform 9 3/4. "Can you believe it? Year five!"

"It's almost too good to be true." Eleara replied, looking back at her cousin. "Ready?"

"Yep!" Hermione said, running towards the platform wall.

"Me too." She whispered under her breath as she charged at the wall, passing to the other side.

---------------