= Chapter 6 =

Draco dove towards the incoming bludger, willing his broom to fly faster. His panicked expression was enough to say something without words - he still cared for Aspen. He leapt from his broom and shielded her from the bludger, feeling the dangerous ball impact his chest.

"Draco...?" Aspen let out a terrified sigh as she realized that Draco saved her from tons of pain, watching helplessly as he fell to the ground.

---------------

"I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." He said, offering her his hand in a hand shake.

"Aspen, Aspen Hale." Aspen kindly replied, surprised when he leaned down to kiss her hand, earning a cute blush from her. 

---------------

Draco laid limply in the hospital bed, playing with the cloth that his right arm was wrapped with. Aspen sat in a side chair, snacking on a buttery biscuit she had grabbed from lunch at the Great Hall. That was probably the only time she'd left Draco's side.

"Dray, stop playing with that, you're going to untie it." She grumbled, not in one of her best moods.

"What's with you today?" He asked coldly.

"N-nothing." She stammered.

"Well, there's obviously something wrong if you won't even look at me!" He said, raising his voice.

Aspen sighed, defeated. "Fear."

Draco looked at her, wide eyed. "Fear?" He repeated as Aspen nodded.

"I don't know its probably bloody stupid." Aspen said, biting her lip nervously and getting up from her chair, about to leave, but was stopped by a cold, yet gentle hand on her arm.

"Do tell." He purred behind her.

"If I had all the time in the world, I would." Aspen said, turning to face Draco.

Draco bent towards her, slowly, seizing the moment. His lips collided with her's, pulling her into a passionate kiss, sending a shiver up her spine. She kissed back, the nervous feeling leaving her body. Their lips moved in sync, melting together.

"I love you, Aspen. Always have, always will." Draco admitted when they broke for air. 

---------------

Draco pulled Aspen closer as he noticed two Hufflepuff boys staring at Aspen. He snarled mildly, giving them his infamous death glare, sending the Hufflepuffs running. Draco escorted Aspen into Honeydukes, holding the door open for her to come in like a gentleman.

"Since when did you become a gentleman?" She asked, smirking cutely.

"Ever since I met you, babe." He replied cooly, smirking as he saw her blush and turn away.

---------------

Aspen had changed from her dress into a comfy, cropped shirt with a snake on it and black fleece pants. Her head still ached as she walked drearily out of the bathroom, her face still wet from wiping her makeup off. She walked out to the common room, where it was just her and Draco, who had laid down fuzzy blankets on the cold, black leather couches, scooting the ottomans up to the cushions to make the couch appear bigger. Aspen smiled, walking over to Draco.

"Feeling better?" He asked, sitting down, allowing Aspen to snuggle up to his chest.

"Much better." She whispered as Draco laid down, resting his head on the arm of the couch as Aspen still clung to his chest.