16

AMIN

"Shilla?"

I look up. She doesn't look like she's heard me at all, expression wiped blank as she stares emptily at the wall.

I sigh.

Then I stand up, walking towards her. Then I get on my tiptoes and put my mouth right to her ear.

"Shilla!"

"What the he— I mean," She giggles awkwardly. "Yeah? Sorry 'bout that. Did I miss something?"

"Yes, you missed stuff." I say, brushing back my hair. "But not important. What's wrong with you?"

She hesitates.

"Amin. I'm in actual trouble."

Trouble?

"What?"

Shilla turns her head away. She sighs heavily, clenching her fists before opening them again.

"I think I'm interested in my superior."

Jungkook.

I burst into laughter. She looks at me curiously when I do, a little bit of hurt flashing in her wide eyes.

"You child. He likes you too— haven't I told you this already?"

"I thought you were joking."

And when I go back to working, she laughs nervously. Shilla shuffles to my side, hanging over me like a shadow.

"What should I do, Amin? I don't know how these things work."

I close my folder. "Don't you know where he is? Ask him out for dinner."

She gives me a long stare, until I raise an amused eyebrow.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"If you insist." She says, and I smile faintly as I follow her outside my office. I was honestly excited to see how this would go— Shilla, asking out a man for the first time in her life.

It's cute to see her all frozen up and stiff when we get to Jeon Jungkook's office.

"I'll be out here. Go on."

She peers anxiously at the man, who's sitting oblivious in his chair. Her cheeks are lightly blushed.

"Screw it."

Muttering under her breath, she knocks on his door. Through the glass, I see Jungkook look up.

"Come in."

I give her a smile just before she goes in. And when she does, I hold my breath— can't helping but to listen through the slight opening of the door.

"Shilla?"

"Yeah— hi." She says, and my lips instantly stretch with a smile. "I, uh, did you eat yet?"

"Yes, I did." He says. And I hear the sound of papers being put down.

"I meant dinner. Did you eat dinner yet?"