26

AMIN

I smile.

He looked so alert— so on edge, considering that therapies were supposed to be relaxing. I was watching through the small glass pane of the room, because I'd been told to wait outside.

I almost laugh when I glimpse the distrusting look he's giving the therapist.

It takes about five minutes for the therapist to put all the equipment on Taehyung, and I catch the man when he comes out of the room.

"Hello. I— how long would this take? I was wondering."

"About an hour." He says, looking back at the doorway. "Mr. Kim has severe asthma— so yes, an hour or two. He might feel a bit disoriented after, since this is his first time."

And then he walks away, leaving me alone in the empty hall.

I turn my eyes back to the glass pane.

Taehyung's unconscious on the makeshift bed in the center. His lashed eyes are closed, nose and lips covered with a respirator.

For a second he looks so much like the young boy lying inside the emergency room, chest stopped with asthma.

My heart stings.

But it's different this time.

He would get better.

He has to.

_____________________________

"Noona..."

He clasps a heavy hand around the curve of my shoulder, struggling to focus his gaze on me. And I quickly press myself against his larger figure, feeling his arm shift down to my waist.

"How do you feel?" I whisper, looking up at him. "Tae?"

His voice is huskier than usual.

"How...long was that?"

"About two hours." I murmur, and he turns his head in my direction. His lost eyes flicker across my face.

"You waited for me for two hours?"

"It was fine." My voice is assuring, but he still looks unconvinced as I adjust my hand on his. "I called a taxi, Taehyung. Because the doctor warned me you might be like this."

"Might be...what?"

"Like this." I whisper, pressing closer to him when his features scrunch. He stumbles, hand wrapped around the side of his head.

"So dizzy, Noona."

"It's because you're not used to therapy. The doctor told me the side effects would wear off soon."

When the taxi arrives, I lead him in to the back seat first. The driver tips his head at me, and I quickly tell him Taehyung's address— just about fifteen minutes from the hospital.

I expect him to fall asleep on my shoulder.

I'd never expected I'd be the one to do that first.

______________________________

My eyes flicker open.

I'm in someone's arms, and I almost jerk upwards when I realize that I'd somehow fallen asleep. How had I fallen asleep?