9

AMIN

"Taehyung, it's late."

"I know— I know." He says, scribbling something down onto a piece of paper before looking back up.

"Don't wait for me, Noona. I'll be fine."

It was already eleven thirty at night.

Walking over to where he's working, I pull up a chair next to him and peer at his flickering laptop screen. It's faint, so I turn the brightness a bit higher.

I look down at the papers in front of him after.

"What are you doing." He laughs, noticing that I'm getting all up in his face.

I motion at the paper.

"Who is this from?"

"A proposal from CH." He says, and I skim my eyes along the letter while placing my hand on top of his head.

Taehyung tenses at first, but soon relaxes as I smooth out his soft, dark locks.

"It's a good deal."

"Yeah, I think so too." He says, leaning into my touch. "Noona, what about this one? What do you think?"

"Don't accept." I say, shifting my hand down to his jaw. "Look at the fifth column, sixth row. They're asking for something unfair."

"You're right."

He brushes his lips against my cheek.

"Noona, I'm so happy I found you again."

"I still remember you pretending you didn't recognize me the first time we met." I say, voice amused. "Why'd you do that?"

"Because I was nervous."

I smile, finding him so lovely. There's a slight tint to his cheeks even now.

"That's sweet, Tae."

__________________________

The day after

"Be careful."

"Taehyung." I laugh forcefully, easing his grip from my waist. "Imagine what the others are going to think."

His jaw flexes. And I'm on edge too, more than normal.

Because he was going to be there.

The moment I follow Taehyung inside, I notice him immediately look up at me. But I don't give a single glance, keeping my expression cold and neutral as I take my place.

He's smiling at me.

The damn nerve.

But his smile disappears in a flash the moment I hear Taehyung's voice ring firmly in the room.

"I'm cutting off all negotiations, all deals with BHM."

And my mouth drops open.

"You can't do that." The CEO barks, bursting up from his chair. "This won't just be bad for me, Mr. Kim. This will be bad for your company as well."

Then he outright stares at me.

"Don't make poor decisions over personal matters."

Personal?

"Personal." Taehyung murmurs, eyes flashing. "By the end of tonight, my secretary will have any traces of your company wiped out of mine."