25

JUNGKOOK

Never in my life.

Worry starts to turn into suspicion when I look up at the clock, to see that five minutes had passed. And I hadn't heard her call me still.

What is she doing now?

There's a slight frown on my face when I shift off from my bed. A heavy sigh passes through my lips as I walk towards the door, twisting the knob open.

She's struggling with my shirt.

I raise an eyebrow when I see my dark sweatpants tucked high to her waist. And she's tugging at the white shirt, having put it on backwards.

Shilla looks up at me.

"I didn't know if I was supposed to, uh, wearing this." She murmurs in a half-asleep voice, eyes blinking slowly. "Can you help me? This doesn't feel right, Jungkook."

"It's backwards."

"That's why." I murmur, finding a faint smile on my lips as I help turn the shirt back the right way.

"Jungkook."

"Yes?"

She doesn't say anything, except to keep staring up at me with wide eyes. And for a second I hesitate, gaze flickering down to her lips.

A stupid grin spreads on her face.

"Jungkook. I want to kiss you. Can I kiss you?"

I place a hand on her waist, head slightly tilting at her disoriented state.

"I'll kiss you when you're sober."

"Sober?" She frowns, pressing her mouth together in a line. "I'm sober. I'm sober right now."

"No, you are not."

I push her away when she clings onto my shoulders. My touch is gentle— but I wouldn't kiss her, not when she was this vulnerable. If she woke up to still want what she is wanting while drunk, I'd give it to her.

"Go to sleep, Shilla."

"I don't want to." She rubs at her eyes, still looking unhappy. "Why are you so boring? Can we play? Do you have chess?"

"Chess?"

"Yeah. I always get Amin to play, but she got too good after I asked her fifteen times." She mumbles, looking around. "Maybe you're more my level."

I laugh softly.

"I don't have chess. I'm sorry."

She yawns. And ignoring her hushed protests, I take her to my room. With all that she'd said, she climbs into my bed the moment she sees it.

"Where will you sleep?"

"I'll be in the living room." I say, standing by the doorway. But when I tell her that, she suddenly shakes her head and jumps right back off.

"I'll sleep on the couch."

"It's fine." I whisper, noticing her tired eyes and pursed lips. "Sleep. And call me if you need anything. I'll be right outside."

Before she can argue with me any more, I close the door and cross the living room to the couch. Exhaustion is pulling down on me more than I thought.

Of course. It was almost like taking care of a child for an entire day.

Pulling my sweatshirt over my head, I grip one of the blankets and lie down lazily on the largest couch. Sleep is there almost instantly.

delicate | K.THजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें