17

AMIN

They weren't top bodyguards for nothing.

"What the—" Taehyung stutters, eyes wide as Jungkook flicks the cap up from his head. "How did you know? I thought we were..."

"Do you think I don't know your voice after seven years, Tae?"

Shilla laughs, looking at me. "And I gave you that white hat for your birthday, Amin. You're so forgetful sometimes."

I wince.

Of course. What was I even thinking?

"Noona, I think we messed up." Taehyung whispers, and I groan loudly as I grip his hand. Then I pull him out of the café, calling over my shoulder.

"I'm sorry about this. We'll get going now."

"No way!" Shilla giggles, pulling me back. Then she claps her hands together, eyes sparkling.

"I know!"

"We should do a double date!"

_____________________________

"No."

And I can't help but laugh when Taehyung's voice sharpens. Shilla had suggested a horror movie, and I knew he couldn't watch something scary for his life.

"Hm." She shrugs, tapping Jungkook on the shoulder. "Can he not watch horror?"

Taehyung tenses.

And when Jungkook shakes his head, he raises his voice.

"It's not that I can't, Miss Min."

"Oh, you can call me Shilla." She says nonchalantly, and I skim my eyes through the other choices— trying not to laugh again. "No worries, Mr. Kim."

I point at one of the screens.

"Action."

"I agree." Jungkook says, pulling Taehyung towards the ticket stand. "Wait here. We'll get tickets."

And the moment they leave, I start laughing.

"Don't tease him too much, Shilla. He can't take a single jumpscare."

She covers her mouth with her hand, a giggle escaping her lips. Then her eyes flick somewhere else, and she pulls on my hand.

I blink.

"Where—"

"Bathroom!" Shilla chirps, dragging me all the way to the entrance of the women's. "Wait here, okay?"

Then she pats my head— making me frown. She always abused her height, being a few centimeters taller.

"I'll be back out soon."

So I wait. I can barely see the sign of the ticket stand if I get on my tiptoes— and even then I can't tell apart Taehyung and Jungkook from the other people.

Had they already gotten it?

And I'm trying to peek over when someone suddenly blocks my view.

I shift.

But then I realize there's a man in front of me. And it's not just a single person— it's a group.

My expression chills to ice.

"Just wondering if you wanted company." One of them smirks, and I stare coldly into his face when he bends. "You look pretty alone out here."