14

AMIN

It's the first time that I really kiss him.

His lips feel soft, perfect against mine. Then I break away, my hand still pressed against his chest as I shift down the side of his neck.

His arm tightens around my waist.

When I finally look up at his face, I see his eyes are shut tightly together. And it makes me laugh, to see his cheeks blushed fiercely.

"Why so shy, Tae?"

His blush deepens. Then he opens his eyes, and the smile fades away in awe when I see that they're lightly glazed over.

When had he ever grown this beautiful.

"It's just you."

"What's just me?"

"I-It...I can't explain it." He murmurs, his eyes flickering only once to look back at mine. "You just make me shy, Noona. You just do."

I trace his jawline with a fingertip.

"I make you shy?"

"Where's the boy that asked me to marry him?"

He flushes.

"That boy's gone."

Oh?

I stop kissing him. The corners of my lips fall down a little as I sit up on the bed, shifting back on the mattress.

"Earlier." I murmur, catching his attention. "Why didn't you just tell me at the bench when I asked you?"

I had a few guesses.

"Was I pressing you too much?"

"No." He breathes, shaking his head. "It wasn't anything you said. I just..."

Taehyung suddenly grips my shoulders, turning me around so my back leans into his front. It's the position I'd used to put him in when I read to him, fifteen years ago.

He leans into the crook of my shoulder, soft hair touching my neck.

"I was scared you'd be angry."

"Why would you think that?" I say, brushing the sheets with my palm. "I want you to be comfortable talking to me."

"And I am." He murmurs. "I was just not really sure about this one."

Taehyung starts to play with my hair. I can feel his fingertips, trying to twist the long locks into braids.

But I'm only thinking one thing.

"So you wouldn't marry me now?"

He drops my hair in surprise. "What?"

Then he realizes, and laughs brightly.

"Noona, you're still the only one I'd marry."

"Then?"

"I'm just..." He hesitates, voice fading. "I'm just not the boy I was back then. I've changed a lot."

"Of course you have." I say, but he must hear the amusement in my voice, because the corners of his mouth crinkle.

Taehyung frowns.

"I'm serious."

And when I don't say anything for the next minute, he moves his lips. It's like he wants to say something, but can't bring himself to.