5

AMIN

"You look good when you have your hair up."

"And you have a meeting in five minutes, Taehyung."

I hide a smile when he groans softly.

"Noona." He says, a slight whine in his voice. "It's your first day. Why are you already tracking my schedule?"

"Let's go have lunch instead!"

This boy.

"It's only eleven." I say, and he frowns. So I change my tone to be more convincing.

"Do this meeting, and we can have lunch together then. I promise you can choose the place."

He hesitates for a second, before nodding and disappearing out the door.

And I return to my office— trying to finish more work and learning on how to be a better secretary.

No one here seemed that willing to help me, so I'd have to self-learn.

Or it was maybe because Taehyung had fired all of the previous ones before me.

Five minutes before the end of his meeting, I finish up and head towards the conference hall. I could already imagine it— his excited face as he came out.

It was hard to believe he owned a company this large.

The door opens, and I wait patiently as people come out— eyes searching for Taehyung.

Where was he?

And I'm so distracted trying to get a look inside the room that I don't notice the person right in front of me.

"Miss Amin?"

I blink.

It's the CEO of BHM. The company I'd cancelled out from.

The corner of his lips curl. "I can't believe we meet here. Is this why you rejected a top position I gave you?"

My eyes narrow.

"Sir. It's my choice where I want to go."

"So I'm saying you should come back." He says, crossing his arms. "It's such a waste of potential— someone like you, to be....what? Kim Taehyung's secretary?"

He shakes his head.

"A complete waste."

"Are you done?"

A stunningly deep voice comes echoing right above me. And I can't hide the anger tinting my cheeks from Taehyung, who carefully watches me before fixing his eyes back at the man.

"She's mine. Who are you to try and take her?"

"Come on, Amin."

My anger turns a bit into surprise.

Amin?