2

AMIN

He looks mad.

He hasn't talked to me even once for the past five minutes I'd been here— just sitting, and staring daggers into his book.

Finally, I break the silence.

"Taehyung, what's wrong?"

He huffs, turning away.

"Did I make you mad?" I say, furrowing my brows. I'd thought he'd be happy to see me— I hadn't been able to see him at all last week.

"Tae?"

"Yes, I'm mad." He mumbles. "You didn't come yesterday. Or yesterday yesterday."

"You broke your promise."

Aw.

"Aw." I say, reaching for him. "I'm sorry— I had to go visit my relatives with my family."

"You shouldn't have went."

"Yes, I shouldn't stayed with you." I agree with him, just to make him feel better. "Did you want to see me that much?"

He pulls at his fingers.

".....yeah."

I look at him in surprise. And Taehyung turns his face away, cheeks slightly red.

The corners of my eyes soften.

"And— and I also wanted to show you this." He pipes up, grabbing the book from my hands. "Look, Noona. Look."

He points his finger at the first sentence at the top of the page.

"The winter bear..."

Taehyung squints.

"....played happily with his friends." He finishes, looking up at me with a proud expression.

I look back at him with wide eyes.

"Taehyung! You learned how to read?"

"Yeah— yes." He says, his mouth stretching into a boxy smile. "I worked really really hard on it to show you. I can read anything now!"

But he rushes to cut me off when I open my lips.

"But it still doesn't mean you can stop coming."

I stare at him.

This child.

"So lovely, Taehyung." I say softly, kissing him on the cheek. "Where's the boy who never wanted to see me again?"

When he doesn't say anything, I look back up.

His cheeks are on fire.

"N-Noona."

He grabs my hand with both of his, eyes firm with determination.

"Let's get married."

His grip tightens.

"Sure."