24

AMIN

And I'm about to say something. With the way her face had gone completely blank, I knew that she had zoned out— she was done.

I open my lips.

"I think—"

"Let me."

Jungkook takes the folder from her, his brows crossed as he flips to the correct file. Shilla's staring at him dazedly, while surprise is written all over my face.

When had he come in?

Taehyung gives Jungkook a curious look, eyes again shifting from him to Shilla. I bet he was still confused as to why she was here in the first place.

"I apologize for the disruption." Jungkook says, voice otherwise calm as he looks down on the paper. "But for the security department, I was about to suggest a decrease in guard numbers for formal gatherings..."

He continues to talk, listing out examples. But my attention's fixed on Shilla, who's still standing awkwardly next to him.

Jungkook smoothly finishes the presentation.

And then he excuses himself, giving a look to Taehyung as he briefly introduces Shilla.

"Please. If you'll excuse me for a minute so I can talk to her."

Taehyung nods.

And he tugs Shilla out of the conference room.

_______________________________

SHILLA

I'm still frozen.

"I'm sorry." He says, lowering himself to my eye level. "I shouldn't have asked you to do this if I'd— if I'd known. Are you alright?"

I don't know why I panicked like that.

"I'm fine." I mumble, rubbing at my heated cheeks. "Where'd you even go, anyway? And you even texted me like that, too."

"There was an accident on my way here."

Accident?

My eyes instantly widen. And I look up at him, starting to give him a close once-over when he purses his lips.

"Not to me." He shakes his head, and my tense body relaxes a bit more. "Again. I'm sorry. Do you have stage fright?"

I blush furiously.

"No." I insist, voice very firm. "No, no. It just made me a little nervous— and I didn't know what to say. The folder..."

A soft smile ghosts on his lips.

"There were bullet points of the list you simply had to read off of in the first page, Shilla."

My blush gets heavier.

"O-Oh."

Now I'm just feeling embarrassed and humiliated as I turn my head away, avoiding his gaze. He clearly looks amused— like he finds this funny.

Loser.

"Are you still taking me?"

Realization flashes across his face, hardening it a bit. "I can take you wherever else. Does it have to be a club?"

"It's got to be a club."

A heavy sigh escapes his lips. But a smile grows wider on my face when he turns and walks back into the conference room.