31

SHILLA

I didn't have anyone else to bother.

Whistling under my breath, I walk up the pathway to Jungkook's place. Usually I'd go over to Amin, but she was gone with the boss and now I only had him as an option.

"Hello?"

No one answers the first knock.

Scrunching my lips together, I clear my throat and knock again.

Third time.

Fourth t—

The door swings open.

"Will you please stop that?" He sighs, but I just blink with shock. His hair is still wet, dripping water onto the towel slung over his neck. He's not wearing a shirt, just sweatpants.

I make a dramatic gasp.

"Why didn't you tell me you were busy?!"

"Busy?" He raises an eyebrow. "I'm not. Come in, Shilla."

Blinking real fast, I sidestep past him and shuffle rapidly inside. He's staring at me curiously when I pretend to be occupied with fixing the pillows on his couch.

"What are you doing?"

"Go get a shirt!" I hiss, adjusting the angle of another pillow. "Right now!"

He laughs, and I risk a glance behind me when I hear his footsteps fade away to a door. I can still remember his toned body, slightly tanned and slender with lean muscle.

I sniff.

Come on, Min Shilla. You don't get affected by things like that.

Nodding to myself, I stretch out on his couch. I'm actually starting to doze off in the warm sunlight coming through the windows when the door opens.

"Don't tell me you're here just to sleep."

I sit up crosslegged.

"I'm here because I was bored." I say, patting at the space next to me. He sits down without a word, and I crack a goofy smile.

"You're so obedient. I like it."

And of course, that makes him frown.

"...don't forget that I'm your superior. I could ask for you to get fired anytime."

Like that kind of threat would work on me.

"Is that all?" He asks, and I reach up to pat the water from his hair with the towel. "That's all you're here for? Because you had nothing else to do?"

"Amin's gone with Mr. Kim, remember? He took my best friend away."

"You could've worked on your assignments."

I blink.

Then my eyes narrow, scrunching my face at the fact that he actually looked serious.

But then I realize it isn't.

"Come here, then."

A blush spreads across my cheeks.

"...wait."

"Why?" He asks, leaning back away. And my words are all mushed together as I shuffle into the couch.

"I was— I was gonna ask if you could come to the hall."