A Convenient Accident

Written by: beizhaan

Summary:

Namjoon and Seokjin are university students who share an apartment. Seokjin is enjoying some personal self-love time with his handy dandy vibrator, when he finds himself in a mortifying predicament. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), Namjoon gets home earlier than expected. What else are roommates good for?

#

"Yes! It's stuck inside me! Will you help me or not?! It's been stuck up my butt for at least twenty minutes and it's driving me crazy! I can't fucking think with this stupid thing buzzing inside me – so if you're not here to help me, then get out of my room so I can at least keep trying on my own."

Namjoon cuts in when Jin stops to take a breath. "Of course I'll help you. Whatever you need."

_________________________________

Namjoon returns to a surprisingly quiet home. He's a little early for a Tuesday, so he was expecting to see Jin working at the kitchen island table with papers and books spread out around him. Although the kitchen table is suspiciously bare, his roommate's door is closed, so he's clearly home.

He goes to his own room to toss his bag down on the floor by the foot of his bed. There's a loud crack, and he hears Jin door swing open slowly just as he's pulling his sweatpants up, trading his jeans for something more comfortable.

"Hey, what do you think about takeout for dinner? I'm feeling like getting–" Namjoon turns around, and stops abruptly mid sentence, his mouth hanging open at the sight of Jin standing in his doorway in only a large t-shirt that hangs over bare thighs. All Namjoon can process is the long expanse of smooth skin under the shirt. He can't help but let his eyes flicker down and then back up, trailing from the tip of Jin's toes to his bare upper thighs. There's a loud buzzing in his ears, and – maybe he's died? And gone to heaven?

The buzzing in his ears don't go away even when Jin shuffles awkwardly, interrupting Namjoon's thoughts. His posture is awkward and he's hunching over like he's trying to make himself smaller than usual, his hands clutching and tugging at the front of his shirt nervously. It's the strangeness of seeing Jin all embarrassed and ashamed that snaps Namjoon out of his daze.

Seeing him so uncomfortable is bizarre. He's used to the confident Jin, who can prance around the apartment in a towel, with his wide shoulders set back and his back straight with the confidence of a king. The way Jin has his head tilted down meekly makes Namjoon's stomach churn.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?"

Jin looks up and gazes sort of past Namjoon's shoulder, apparently unwilling to make eye contact. He looks like he's trying to gather the will to say something, but it's taking a lot of effort judging by the way Jin is chewing his lower lip anxiously. That's when Namjoon notices that the buzzing may not actually be in his head from the sudden rush of blood in his body. He frowns and looks around, seeking the source of the muffled sound.

Taking a small step forward, Jin clears his throat again and finally meets Namjoon's eyes with a guilty look on his face.

"It's a vibrator." He says it so suddenly, that both of them freeze. They stare at each other in mutual embarrassment, Jin flushing red.

Feeling completely out of his depths, Namjoon rattles off without really thinking. "Oh. Um. Yeah. Yeah that's cool. Vibrators are nifty."

"It's been a stressful week, and I finally finished my thesis – I thought. It seemed like a good time to... to love myself, you know?" Jin swallows. "So, so I," he coughs, hiding his face behind one hand. Namjoon can't help but notice his long smooth fingers and large hands. "Right. Okay, long story short, I was using it, but... it was pretty slippery and I accidentally lost hold of the... the cord." He says all this haltingly in a breathless voice, which is making Namjoon want to twist around and disappear before either of them combusts.