Chapter 13

Nia's POV:

"Do you think it's fine to walk like this on the streets?" I ask, making these people finally take a break from a long walk.

"What do you mean?" Asks Tariq.

"This area looks old and underdeveloped. Assuming this is an old village, The people here might be conservative and stereotypical. And according to that, the clothes we're wearing right now are too modern for them. They might not accept us like this. They might think we're just..modern Wanderers. At this point, we need to hide here and we're helpless. They won't accept us like this, we have to be like them If we want to mingle with them." I say, assuming.

"Too much social science for today " Alia blinks hard. "So what we gonna do now?"

"Steal clothes?" Says Zaid 'innocently' while we all stare at him.

"Seriously?" I say.

"What?" He lifts his shoulders. "That's all we can do, isn't it? We can't waste money on clothes, seriously"

hmmm.He might have a point here. "So where how and when would you expect us to steal clothes?" I fold my hands across my chest.

"It's 9pm now." He looks at his watch. "We can just wait for like 2-3 hours, eat something at some random food stall. Once it's midnight Me and Tariq would burgle into some house and get some clothes. I don't know about the size. Just adjust into it, especially girls."

I know I've said this before but who does he think he is? He wants to lead us? He wants to lead ME?

Zaid's POV:

"I'm NOT going to wear STOLEN clothes" Says Nia in her typical unpleasant and annoyed tone.

Here we go. Ms Universe has declared her denial towards the verdict.

"Madamoiselle, if you have any recommendation please put it forward and enlighten each of us," I say in an overexaggerated formal tone, obviously to bother her.

"I don't "

"So either stay in what you're wearing right now or just...shut up"

"EXCUSE ME?" she widens her eyes and death glares at me. "Don't ever ask me to shut up or-"

"Or what?"

"Or I would shut you up forever"

"Yeah sure, I would -"

"DON'T even dare to say a word now Zaid, I'm f*cking serious" She steps closer and tries to hold my collar, But I hold her hands and aggressively pull her before she could do that. What is she trying to do? Scare me? Not happening. Seriously, if someone else did that, Their corpse would have been lying right by my feet now. But it's her. Can't help. I don't really appreciate how nicely I am filled with indignation right now but..... f*ck it.

"Don't.do.that .ever.again. " I say in my hoarse voice, deliberately squeezing her wrists a bit harshly as she struggles to get out of my grip. She's still glaring at me, our face inches apart. She's powerful. Not more than me though.

"STOP WITH YOUR BULLSH*T GUYS" Tariq howls right behind us. Sorry for ignoring your presence bro. " Are you serious? We're stuck nowhere and you guys aren't done with your torture session yet? Stop it.Fu*king grow up. I can't stop your sh*t again and again. We hardly have any time left maniacs"

"Fine."

"Fine. But I'm not done with you Zaid, mind it" She crosses her arms across her chest.

"Sure. Save it for later." I death glare and yeah, I'll just end it right here before Tariq starts howling again. Now, that doesn't mean that I'm afraid of Tariq or something. But he got a point here, plus we're like brothers and I don't prefer arguing with him. I've ended it for now. This is not done yet.

"I feel so frustrated. The current situation is muddled already and you guys are the cherry on the top. Delicious sh*t." He takes a deep breath. "I beg you guys, Specially Nia, PLEASE stick to the plan if you want all four of us to survive. I know you might be sent here to kill us. The state of affair might be substandard according to you and your duty but all four of us need to survive as a whole here because Ali is after you and intelligence are after us. Non-cooperativeness would create an equilibrium of loss. Try to understand" He sights after a heavy try to convince Nia. But the Non-cooperativeness would create an equilibrium of loss makes so much sense. It might destroy all of us. Why was I acting so stupid?

Alia's POV:

Tariq is right. Non-cooperativeness would create an equilibrium of loss.

"Fine, It's on me guys. I'll try not to create any mess right now. I'll simply stick to the plan, but that doesn't mean we're friends. I'll kill you once I'm done with Ali okay?" she fake smiles. Obviously, she doesn't want to do it. We're sitting at a little country stall.

"Done. Now everyone just shut up and eat. I and Tariq would be there in an hour. Once we get the stuff we'll just walk a few miles and then we'll be in the main village." Zaid says, then He turns his face towards Nia. "Nia, when we're away, there are a few chances that Ali's following us. So just hide somewhere with Alia and protect yourselves. Else, don't move an inch okay? "

She nods. I feel so weak and 'out of context ' kinda person right now. I'm just burdening them.

"But I think one of us girls should go with you because... We won't wear men's clothes, plus it would look so weird ew" I finally let a word out of my mouth. I was just sitting and staring at them for a while.

"I think Nia should come because she's pretty fast at running and stuff," Tariq says, looking at me. Why is he looking at me? Does he want to stay here with me and let Nia and Zaid go together? If they go together, all we would get is disappointment in return.

"I'M NOT GOING WITH HIM OKAY?" Nia raises her voice. I don't want so many fights simultaneously..

"FINE Nia Relax. You and Me are going then" Says Tariq. " Zaid, take care of Alia" he says.

What? I don't want to stay with Zaid here. I can't trust him, he just seems so.. rude. I know he looked rude in the past too, but he had a soft corner. I never ever had a big brother, but I always wanted one. Maybe Zaid stood in that place. I remember how guys were trying to bully me calling me an ugly cow, and then he literally kicked their asses off. Since then they never dared to approach me. We used to talk very less, but I respected him so much, and that's what he gave me in return. I felt safe with him, always. But this time? it's different. I'm scared of him. I don't even know if he remembers anything about our past bond. Maybe I'm just a random person to him now. Or maybe I'm just an enemy.

"But...." I mutter under my breath.

"But?"

"I don't trust him.." my voice was barely even a whisper. I was definitely not comfortable while saying this right in front of Zaid's face.

He suddenly stops playing with his watch on his wrist and shifts his eyeballs towards me.

Surprisingly, it wasn't anger.

His eyes were filled with sorrow and disappointment.