Chapter 9

Nia's POV

This guy is crazy. Super crazy.

He was staring at me, and I'm sure he's killing me well in his imagination.

I-am-so-bored-right-now.I really want to sleep, but I don't trust these cow dings. They'll push me and Alia off the truck if I sleep. GOD, I LOVE SLEEPING SOOO MUCH.

Alia is sleeping on Tariq's shoulder, and that's weird, to be honest. I asked him to pass on the sleeping Alia to me but he insisted. It's okay unless and until he's going to hurt her. Boys often die to touch there crushes. Creeps.

I'm pretty jealous of Alia, NOT because of she's on Tariq's shoulder, but because she's SLEEPING.

I wish I was innocent too.

Honestly, I don't ;)

"What are we gonna do now, Zaid?" 

My train of thoughts stops as soon as Tariq speaks.

"No Idea," Zaid says, with no expression.

"You swore to use only this word for a day?"  giggles Tariq.

"No Idea," says Zaid, again. Cheeky.

"Zaid, you really lack some sense of humour, don't you?" I scoff.

"No Idea" He smirks, making me roll my eyes.

"Nia let him be. You got any Idea?" Says Tariq.

"Of course. This is not the first time I am stuck in a situation like this"  I state.

"show-off" Zaid mutters. NIN-COM-POOP.

During all this meaningless discussion, Alia wakes up.

"What,  who's confronting whom in the show now?" she scratches her head.

"No one," Tariq says. "Listen, guys. We have to find a way to survive, it's not casual anymore. We don't know where to go, where to reach. Intelligence knows about us now, Zaid. And for Nia and Alia, you guys are safe neither.I'm sure Ali escaped and as a matter of fact he's not alone. He has trained 34 more terrorists who consider him as his godfather, he's not gonna leave you that easily. I've known him for years, and he's a maniac, no jokes. So kindly get your brains working now" he takes a deep breath.

We all stay silent for some time when Alia speaks.

"We can just look for a little job and settle down forever!" she squeaks, and then we are facepalm emojis. LOoNy ToOn.

She makes a sad face as we all ignore. Kid.

This is so weird, I usually take no time for the idea, why am I short of Ideas right now? This situation is weird. We don't even have a gun. Neither a sleeping bag, neither food.Just a little cash in our pockets, the clothes we are wearing, our watches, and absolutely nothing else.

"Guys, Listen. If you can't figure anything out, just let it be. We don't know what that village is like, what it has, so we technically can't plan anything that would save us. That would be just a waste of time coz nothing is guaranteed right now. We'll only decide once after we reach, just go on with the flow as of now. Then, whatever happens, happens."  Says Zaid out of nowhere in his unquestionable, deep satisfying voice. This was Sensible. Very sensible, actually. The answer to 'why am I short of ideas' and the end of our stupid discussion.

*******************************

The time passed, and no one spoke a word.

The narrow road was becoming wider, and the immense green fields were turning out to be a countryside village, with a few tiny houses, call some of them a farm or so. We could see the mountainous backdrop, a good view. I never felt what do they mean by 'feeling the nature' .But still, this reasonably looks good.

We're almost there.

A few more miles passed by when Alia kept enjoying the view, and Tariq kept smiling at her. I really like this positive piece of shit.

"Guys, the truck is supposed to stop anytime, we never know. We better get out of this carrier before the truck driver f*cks all of us after knowing the fact we all have been here for a while" I suggest.

"Someone is now scared of the driver?" mocks Zaid.OH.I.HATE.YOU.SO.MUCH.

I roll my eyes."No, Sir. Just don't wanna cause unavailing disputes. Neither with you, move on"

The truck starts slowing down, and we have our chances. We had to jump.

Zaid jumped out first, then me. Easy-peasy. I asked Tariq to let Alia first, he agreed. She was a bit scared, which was obvious.

"THE TRUCK IS STILL MOVING, HOW CAN I JUMP OFF LIKE THAT" she cries.

"Just like we did. Come right now or it would get faster any time sooner! " I shout, while we jog after the truck.

"That's what she said" chuckles Zaid. Ugh, that was too bad, man. Come' on.

I kept stretching my hand. It never worked. Just then Tariq raised one eyebrow at me, keeping his hands on her back.I nodded.

And 1...2....3.....

he pushed her off, jumping right after her.

Gladly, the truck wasn't that tall to result in some injury, but she fell down a little hard. I gave her a hand to pick her up. And I bet now she hates me and Tariq, both.

"HOW COULD YOU DO THAT? I MIGHT HAVE GOT HURT" she yells, clenching her fists.

"You DIDN'T get hurt." I scoff  "anyways, it was better for you to stay in that truck all alone, isn't it?" 

"Whatever." she rolls her eyes.

"What do we do now?" asks Tariq.

"I have a plan in my head. It's sensible, at least trust me for once, guys. Who knows,It might work!" begs Alia.