Chapter 16

Nia's POV:

"What the heck"  Tariq almost- yells but I manage to cover his mouth with a handkerchief.

I grab the nape of his neck and push him downwards on his knees so his forehead almost touches the floor. I lay down on my elbow as well.

Why did I do that? Because we are literally next to their bed and we need to lay down to hide from their vision. 

There's a bizarre silence in the room, but it's broken when the man on the opposite side of the bed gets up and starts wearing his slippers.

Tariq widens his eyes, giving me the 'WHAT NOW' look. Is he panicking? I remember he had weak panic attacks in high school, but I think he recovered because it was never a severe problem. He's a terrorist now lol what should I even expect?

The man starts walking towards the door, and we're hiding in a face-to-face corner. 

What would happen next?

Tariq is trying not to make any heavy breathing sounds but he's a little f*cked up, it's written on his face. I'm calm, I'm so beautifully peaceful. The man reaches the door and vanishes somewhere in his Living room, maybe he went to the washroom? I don't know. As soon as he Vanishes, I gesture for Tariq to start crawling towards the exit but-

"AAAAAHHHHHHH" the stupid, idiotic, brainless woman starts screaming at the top of her lungs as she finds two 5-6 feet long cockroaches crawling on her bedroom floor at 2 am.

Shut up, your voice wants me to hit your face already.

I throw all the clothes in from hand in Tariq's arms and yell "RUN". He acts flustered for a few mili-seconds but then nods and starts running towards the exit.

The woman starts screaming her husband's name so I just take a pillow and slap it right on her big mouth, shutting her up for a second. I start running towards the exit, but I find her husband jogging behind so I stick my leg, making him fall on his own big belly.

I exit as fast as I can, and I see Tariq running forward. Once we're sufficiently distant from the house, he slows down so we walk together. 

"WHAT THE F*CKINNGGG AMAZINGGG MIND BLOWINGG EXPERIENCEEEEE" I Mouth while breathing heavily.

"Don't speak, you've been running for too long-"

"SHUTTT UPPP I NEED WATERR" I slightly bend, placing one of my palms on my knee and the other on my abdomen.

We keep easy walking for a while since I still try to recollect the oxygen.

"Tariq, you're such a loser"

"What?"

"You were scared of just two random citizens dude"

"I wasn't scared of them, It was just the situation"

"oh really? And why were you scared of the situation?"

" Ah, so you forgot about my panic attack thingie? What else could I expec-"

"Nah I didn't idiot. I thought you recovered"

"I didn't"

"then how the heck are you a terrorist?"

" I know how to fight, I've done a lot of training too. But I prefer not to.  I manage the online affairs.. like Deals on Dark Web and stuff"

"You mean ILLIGEAL TRANSACTIONS  right?"

"Whatever" 

He rolls his eyes trying to avoid the conversation. Obviously, he isn't doing something worth being proud of. He was so good at computers a few years back and look how nicely people could use their brains. Amazing.