Chapter 1

The summer after her fifth year is the worst for Lyra. Her godfather died in the DOM battle because of her. Voldemort sent her vision of torturing Sirius  and she went to the ministry with her friends in hope of saving him but instead she learnt that it was fake to lure her into the department of Mysteries to get the prophecy.

The order came to rescue them and with them came Sirius to save her but instead in a duel with Bellatrix, he was sent into the Veil. She went forward to save him but it was too late. He died because she couldn't know if the vision was real or not. Hermione was so smug about being right that the vision was fake.

The train ride back to King's Cross was silent, no one mentioned to her about the DOM or Sirius. The order members informed Vernon about the death of Sirius, the glee in Vernon's eyes went unnoticed by everyone except her. She just wants to run away from him. Last two years, he left her alone only because of Sirius.

Lyra sighed looking at the Clock beside her, 10 minutes to her birthday. What a great way to celebrate her birthday. Vernon came home drunk as he lost a contract and blamed it on her. When she stood without speaking anything he hit her on the face making her fall to the floor and proceeded to beat her till he was satisfied and left her room.

The clock chimed at 12 making her snap out of her thoughts. She looked out of the window expecting at least today her friends will write her. They abandoned her again like last summer. She sent letters daily asking them what happened? Why they were not replying? but stopped after one week of no reply.

Remus sent her letter after a week saying Dumbledore told them not to send any letters to her as it is not safe if the Owls are tracked to her. They agreed without even protesting. Remus sent her a letter by muggle post so that Dumbledore or any order member won't see it and explained her how sorry he is for not sending it soon and Sirius' death is not her fault and not to blame her.

She saw three Owls coming towards her window, she stood up wincing at the pain and opened the window the owls dropped the packages they are carrying on her bed and left. She didn't recognise any of those owls, so was it safe to open those packages. She sighed and sat on the bed looking at those packages.

She recognised one as Remus' handwriting and opened it eagerly to see what he got for her. It was a photo frame of her and Sirius holding each other and laughing happily. The picture was taken during Yule break. Sirius was saying her about the pranks they used to play when they were in School. She hugged the frame close to her heart and put it beside her carefully. There was also a chain with dog shaped pendant. The dog is black with grey eyes just like Sirius, she clasped the chain around her neck immediately.

The writing on the next package was a bit familiar but she couldn't place it. She opened the letter attached to it.

Lyra

   I know we don't get along and I'm the one to blame for it. I'm sorry for everything I said to you over the years and I'm not sending this to you as any trick or something to trap you and bring you to the Dark Lord. I just wanted to befriend you and also make an ally between house of Potter and Malfoy. We purebloods are always trained from young age to make allies from friends and it is always useful but I also wanted to befriend you as just Lyra but that is not the reason I'm writing to you.

  Last week I went to visit Severus at Hogwarts as he is my godfather, no one knows that btw. When I went there Dumbledore was there talking to him about you. I was not able to listen properly but from what I heard, Dumbledore is willing to trade you to the Dark Lord for a treaty, they actually are planning a marriage treaty between you and the dark lord. I know this is shocking but please believe me this is for your best too.

  I'm not making any sense to you right? Can we please meet? I swear only you and me no one else, if you want you can bring anyone with you. I think you should not tell Weasley or Granger about this meeting though. They will inform the headmaster within a blink of eye. Please consider once about this, you won't regret it. If you are willing then meet me at room no 07 in Leaky Cauldron today 11 AM.

   Happy 16th birthday, I hope you like my gift.

  Draco Lucius Malfoy