Chapter 2

Draco was waiting for Lyra in the room he booked at Leaky Cauldron. So many thoughts were running through his mind. He couldn't believe Albus Dumbledore to do something like this to her. He always hated the man but he never thought that he is going to give up a young girl's life to the man who wanted to kill her only for his greater good. He knew that Dumbledore is not doing this to stop the war, No he is doing this to take down the Dark Lord and become a hero. The fame he got from defeating Grindelwald is not enough for him, so now he wants to kill the present dark lord to become more famous.

Draco sighed looking at the time, it was almost 11, if Lyra decided to come, she would be here soon and he wanted her to come here and listen to him before taking any decisions. The dark lord was a bit insane when he was ressurected, but after performing a ritual that he never heard about, he became more sane and doesn't crucio his followers every step and doesn't even want to kill Lyra.

Draco looked up when someone knocked on the door. He took a deep breath and went to open the door. He sighed internally with relief when he saw Lyra with Remus Lupin. He moved aside to allow them inside and closed the door. He made sure that the door is locked properly and placed silencing charms on it and turned towards them. Lupin was looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Just locking and silencing spells." Draco explained it to him and took a seat.

"But the underage magic?" Lyra looked at him confused. He can't use magic outside school while still underage right? She looked at Remus who was shaking his head. What? Did she miss something?

"Lyra this is Leaky Cauldron, so many wizards and witches stay here and the diagon alley is just few metres from here. So due to so many magical signatures they won't know if any underage wizard or witch does magic. Many purebloods practice magic at home as their houses or manors as the wards around them will ensure the ministry doesn't know." Draco explained her.

Remus frowned looking at her. "I thought you knew this. You were using magic to clean the black house last summer right?"

"What? We didn't use any magic. Mrs Weasley said that we are still underage, so we had to do the cleaning the muggle way. Ron was always complaining that he had to bend so much to clean the room and Ginny whined hours and hours that her precious hands are getting ugly and rough, even hermione used to nag me how unfair it is to not read the books in the black library and waste the time cleaning." She said to him.

"You were at the Black house? Hope Walburga Black gave you people nice company." Draco snickered at her horrified look.

"Oh, no. I hate her. She just made my life hell that one month. But compared to Mrs Weasley's yelling, Ron's complaints, Ginny's whining and Hermione's nagging she is a bit tolerable. I guess." She sighed. "But back to the point why didn't you or Siri tell me that I can practice magic there?" She questioned Remus.

"As I said before we thought you knew that. Ron and Hermione used magic to clean the house before you came there. But after you arrived, Molly always used to distract me and Sirius away from you and once when we saw you dusting a book, I asked Molly why you were doing it with hands not magic. She said that you just wanted to see the titles of the books and that's the reason you were not using magic and you did everything till then with magic only." He said to her.

"Then why did Mrs Weasley took my wand from me when I came there?" Lyra asked him.

"She did What?" Draco shouted.

"Why are you shouting? She just took my wand from me when we were cleaning saying she would give it back to me while returning to Hogwarts. I wanted to protest but she left before I can say anything and Hermione's lecture on how safe it would be with her made me give up." She looked confused again.

"One should always have their wand with them in case of any danger." Remus explained her. "Why didn't you say anything to me or Sirius?"

"I know that Remus. Sirius said that to me in my fourth year and that is why I fought the dementors before my fifth year, but they said I won't be in any danger there as it is the order headquarters and if anything happens the order will save me as I'm still a child." She rolled her eyes at that part. "And as I said Hermione lectured me for nearly an hour about the safety of my wand and she even said that I got in trouble because of using it." She scoffed. "Sometimes I wonder if she really has any brain for herself or she just says everything that is there in the book. I mean even a first year can say that if I didn't use my wand then I would have been dead." She paused as if she is thinking something. "Mrs Weasley said that the order knew that my wand is with her not me."