Chapter 15

"So? What subjects are you taking?" Marvolo asked as they entered the bookstore. Lyra looked at him coming out of her shock and looked at her results. 

"I don't know. I mean, I was told to become an auror before, so I was said to take-" "Darling." Marvolo cut her off gently and she looked at him.

"I'm not asking what do you want to do after you graduate. I'm asking what subjects are you interested in taking." Marvolo said and she was about to say that she was saying the same when he spoke again. "You don't have to work after you graduate, if you don't want. But, if you are interested in doing something, then you can take the subjects that are needed for it as well as the subjects you are interested in."

"I don't know what to do after Hogwarts." She admitted and he hummed. 

"Let's first start with the subjects, you want to take." Marvolo said and she nodded. "Transfiguration, DADA, Potions and I guess Runes too?" He asked and she smiled nodding again. 

"And what else?" He thought. "Charms?"

"Yeah. But, I don't want COMC. I like Hagrid, but I'm not interested in magical creatures as much as him." She said and he nodded. 

"What about Arthimancy? Did you take it before?" He asked and she shook her head. 

"I actually took COMC and Divination as electives before. But, I liked Runes when I learned them in my fourth year during the tournament. So, I asked Sirius if I can take the OWL without taking the class and he said I can do it, but he asked me to write a letter to the ministry directly instead of McGonagall. I just did as he said without questioning, but I think he already doubted Dumbledore at that time. Don't you think?" She asked and he didn't say anything for a long moment. 

"He was never a member of an order whole-heartedly." Marvolo said surprising her and she looked confused. "He only joined the order for your dad who joined it for your mother."

"My mother?" She asked him.

"She is a muggle born and she is Dumbledore's-" "devotee, like Hermione?" Lyra cut him off and he smiled. If it was anyone else that dared to speak like that to him, well they would be lying on the ground under the crucio right now. 

"I don't know about your friend, Miss Granger much, but if she is a devotee of Dumbledore as you are saying, then yes, your mother is like her." Marvolo nodded picking all the books she needs and placing in the basket floating behind him. 

"How do you know about it?" Lyra asked curiously. 

"Severus said it to Lucius and they were in my manor at that time. They didn't know that I can listen to their conversation." He smirked and she looked at him wide-eyed.

"You eavesdropped on your followers' conversation?" She laughed and he just looked at her with a smile. Her laugh is so sweet and he loves it. 

"It's not eavesdropping, per say." He denied after she stopped laughing. "I was in the room beside and heard it."

"Don't lie, Marvolo." She turned around to face him and walked backwards. "You eavesdropped on their conversation. The big bad dark lord likes to eavesdrop on his followers' conversation, eh?"

"No, I didn't." He said firmly and she raised an eyebrow at him teasingly. "Just because, they didn't know I can hear them doesn't mean I eavesdropped darling."

"But, it does count as eavesdropping, Marvolo." She chuckled. "Now, tell me what else did you eavesdrop?"

"As I said, darling. It's not eavesdropping and I didn't hear anything else as they talked about something personal and I placed a silencing-" He stopped when Lyra bumped into someone as she was looking at him and didn't see the person behind her. His eyes turned red when the said person held her waist to support her and didn't let her go even when she tried to move away.