Chapter 9

Sirius entered the Black Manor after so many years. Grimmauld place was where he grew up but this was where his grandfather lived and he often visited until his grandfather died. His father was the one who used to bring him here while his mother hated his grandfather as he didn't give her enough powers to rule the Black house. She wanted power which she unfortunately never got. Sirius was glad that she didn't.

"Master Sirius. You are back." The head elf bowed as soon as he entered. "Kreacher brought some things earlier and placed them in your room. I's thought you would be coming so already made sure your room is clean."

"Very well. I won't be staying for long. But, I'll be back soon to stay here." Sirius said to him.

"Of course master. I would make sure the entire manor is proper by then." He bowed before disappearing.

Sirius walked to his room which is not the master bedroom as he didn't take the Black lordship yet. He is still debating whether to take it or just let Lyra have it when she gets married. But, if he wants to do something, he needs power which he will get only if he becomes the Lord to the ancient and noble house of Black. As a Black, he is still powerful but being Lord Black has its own benefits.

His own father, who cared nothing about the politics and ministry and who rarely attended the parties was more respected than his uncle Pollux, who is Bellatrix and Narcissa's father. Pollux tried everything and anything to be respected like his father but unfortunate for him, he is not the Lord Black.

Sirius always wanted to be like his father, powerful and respected but between his mother's madness and his love for James, his brother. He became something he never wanted to be. But now, he got the chance to become the person he always wanted to be. Lord Sirius Orion Black, he grinned.

Sirius went to the books, Kreacher placed on the table. He waved his wand over them and was furious when he found compulsions on them. Molly would pay for everything she did to his daughter. That woman is going to suffer the most. He removed the compulsions from the books and checked what books she brought for Lyra.

Sirius frowned while checking though. They didn't get their OWL results, why did Molly buy these books beforehand and only Charms, Transfiguration, DADA, Herbology and COMC. Where are potions books? Also, he thought Lyra was interested in Runes.

"Kreacher." Sirius called and he appeared beside him. "Go to Burrow and give Molly Weasley the money she spent on buying these books and make sure she is paid for everything she bought Lyra. I don't want Lyra to have anything that woman gave her with her own money." Sirius sneered.

"Yes master." Kreacher bowed before leaving.

He will pay even for the gifts she gave to Lyra on Christmas and Birthdays. He will burn everything that Molly gave to Lyra and make sure Lyra doesn't know he did that. He didn't want Lyra to know what Molly did. Lyra though her as a caring adult in her life but if she knows about the marriage contract, she would be devastated.

Sirius would never forgive Weasley and Granger. They were supposed to be her friends and they abandon her every time Dumbledore asks them to. He was just one step away from killing the weasel when he said she has to marry the dark lord because she is the girl-who-lived. There is no use thinking about it now, he should go back to Gringotts and then to Slytherin Manor. Rodolphus and Lucius would be worried more than his mother ever worried for him.

"Master Black, how can we help you?" A Goblin asked him.

"I'm here to claim my lordship. If I'm eligible to it." Sirius said respectfully.

"Of course, you are eligible Master Black. We were just waiting for you to come and take it. Else, it would have passed to your goddaughter's son." The Goblin said before leading him to Black account manager's office.