Chapter 21

"My Lord?" Lucius knocked on the door after coming back from his meeting with Fudge. He was shocked to see Lyra sleeping in Marvolo's lap while he sat at the desk reading some parchment.

"Lucius, I apologize for shouting at you this morning. I shouldn't have taken my anger on Fudge and others on you." Marvolo said shocking him even more. "How did the meeting go?"

"It was the usual." Lucius hesitated a bit looking at Lyra sleeping peacefully in his arms. "My Lord, there is something that you should know."

"Is it concerning Lyra, Lucius?" Marvolo left the parchment and placed his hands around her protectively.

"Dumbledore is planning to let the Weasleys adopt her." Lucius said to him. "Percy Weasley came to me when I was leaving and told me about this matter. He asked me to meet him tonight at Leaky Cauldron to tell me exactly what's going on."

"Weasleys?" Marvolo narrowed his eyes in anger. "I won't allow it. Also, Sirius is her father. Why does she need to be adopted by someone else again?"

"As Sirius didn't make a good impression in the last order meeting. Dumbledore might be afraid of losing his weapon and..." Lucius trailed off obviously sensing his lord's anger and not wanting it to be directed towards him. He didn't want to be on the other end of the dark lord.

"Call Sirius now." Marvolo ordered.

"Yes, My Lord." Lucius left and was back soon within a few moments.

"Is she fine?" Sirius asked when he saw his daughter sleeping in his arms.

"Yes." Marvolo nodded. "But that is not why I've called you now. Dumbledore is planning to let Weasleys adopt your daughter as you seem to be going dark according to him."

"He doesn't have any right to make it happen." Sirius said calmly. "He may try, but I'm not only her godfather, I'm her blood adopted father too. As long as I'm alive, he can't do anything without my permission."

"Dumbledore is not a fool to miss this point. He might've already thought about it and planned accordingly." Lucius said to him. "You can't underestimate Dumbledore so easily. He is Dumbledore for a reason."

"But I'm her legal guardian now. He can't decide anything for her." Sirius said before suddenly his eyes widened and looked at her with panic in his eyes. "I'm sorry but I have to wake her up now."

"What? Why?" Marvolo asked confused.

"I just need to confirm something." Sirius said to him. "Pup." He called her and went to Marvolo's side and shook her.

"Mmhmm." Lyra slowly opened her eyes and saw a panicking Sirius in front of her. Her sleep vanished in an instant and she sat up straight in Marvolo's lap. She looked at Sirius with worry and concern.

"What's wrong? What happened?" She asked and he took a deep breath before opening his mouth.

"Dursleys hurt you, right?" He asked and she frowned and held Marvolo's hand tightly and Marvolo glared at Sirius. "Right?" He asked again and she nodded her head.

"Sirius-" "One moment." Sirius said not caring about his life which is at the brink of death from the deathly glare she is receiving from the dark lord. "When I died, did he hurt you again?"

"Yes." She whispered.

"Did you wish for anything when he did that? Did you write to anyone? Your friends? When you were beaten and your blood was on the parchment?" Sirius asked dreading for the worst and she frowned some more before nodding.

"Yeah, my uncle was very happy to hear about your death. The order members told him about it and he took out the anger of 2 long years that he kept inside due to the fear that you will kill him." She shuddered remembering that night and Marvolo tightened his hold on her waist and rubbed her knuckles with his other hand.