Chapter 30

"Can you not just enter my room without knocking?" Sirius grumbled not even turning to look at the upset dark lord. "What did one of your stupid death eater do now, My Lord?"

"Rodolphus is going to die in my hands." Marvolo growled making Sirius sit up straight in the arm chair. Sirius looked at him with wide eyes and tried to understand if he is being serious at the moment. "I didn't mean it literally." Marvolo sighed and walked to the other arm chair. Sirius let out a breath that he didn't know he was holding till now. 

"What happened?" Sirius asked him. "What did he do?"

"He told Lyra that I favored Bellatrix over others back in time." Marvolo said as he looked into the fireplace. "I agree that I did favor her, but it was just because she was the only female death eater at that time and also better than more than half of the men. I just wanted to make sure she stays that way and be useful to me in the long run despite her obvious feelings towards me. I never encouraged her that I'm interested in her though."

"Ah." Sirius let out a chuckle. "My baby is so grown up."

"What?" Marvolo looked at him as if he is mad. "What are you talking?"

"If I'm not wrong, Lyra fought with you on this matter and didn't let you finish before ending the call." Sirius said to which Marvolo gave him a nod. "She is jealous, my baby grew up so fast."

"Jealous?" Marvolo tested the word on his lips as if it's a foreign word. "No one's ever been jealous for me."

"You will get used to it slowly." Sirius smiled at him. "You are going to have a real family soon. I'm not saying the death eaters aren't your family, just this kind of family that you are going to have is different."

"I still can't believe that." Marvolo said with a small smile playing on his lips. There was a knock on the main door of their quarters making Sirius groan. "I think someone is too eager to talk to you, Sirius."

"Please, I said I need time." Sirius said and Marvolo nodded. 

"I know, but how long are you going to hide here?" Marvolo asked him. Marvolo left the room not bothering to close the door or waiting for the answer. Sirius looked into the fireplace as he thought about the question. He doesn't know the answer to it, either. 

"Severus." Marvolo's voice brought Sirius out of his thoughts and peeked through the open door to see Severus' black robes and a part of his side profile. Sirius sighed again and waved his wand to close the door.

Severus looked at the closed door and back at Marvolo, who raised an eyebrow at him. Severus looked back at the door thinking how to make Sirius open up to him and Rodolphus. They need to talk to Sirius together. It won't be fair for Rodolphus to be left out. Wait, when did he start caring about Rodolphus and not just about Sirius' happiness? 

"If you are just going to stand there because your man doesn't want to talk to you. Don't bother knocking and disturbing me. Just enter the room and stand there." Marvolo scoffed at him before leaving to his room. 

"I was-" "No need." Marvolo said to him and left him alone on his own. 

Severus waited for a moment before going to knock on Sirius' door. He won't be talking about anything related to them for now. Rodolphus deserves to be there when they talk. He waited for a few moments before knocking again. He was about to knock for the third time when Sirius opened the door with a frown on his face that changed into realization when he saw him.

"Were you expecting someone else?" Severus asked as he understood Sirius' reaction. 

"No." Sirius shook his head. "Do you need something from me?"