Chapter 17

Lyra looked surprised when Rodolphus entered the room for dinner and looked at Sirius who was frowning while looking at his plate. She remembered that he went to meet Rodolphus, but forgot to ask what happened as she was too lost in her own thoughts about why Marvolo didn't tell that he is the dark lord and just a death eater ally of the dark lord. She looked a bit guilty for forgetting to ask Sirius about it. 

"What happened?" Marvolo asked her and she shook her head at him. "Don't you like the food?" 

"No, it's good." She said looking back at her plate. 

"My Lady, it's been long that we talked. Care to join me for a walk?" Rodolphus asked when they finished eating. Severus looked a bit suspicious at Rodolphus. He got to know from Lucius that Sirius went to talk to him this morning and he came back a bit shocked according to Rabastan, but Rodolphus only said that he said he is not angry at Sirius. Also, Rodolphus is being a bit odd these few days. 

"Sirius, care to join me in my study for a few minutes?" The dark lord asked and Severus looked back at Sirius. Is there something that is not visible to his eyes?

"Of course." Sirius said and the dark lord stood up after patting once on Lyra's head. 

"Don't stay up late." Marvolo said to Lyra, who smiled and nodded before he left to his study. "Take your time, Sirius. No need to hurry." He said when he was at the door. 

"You should eat more." Rodolphus said when he saw Sirius standing. "The dark lord said he doesn't mind." 

"He is right." Severus said placing food in his plate. Sirius looked shocked at Severus who looked back at him blankly. 

"Uh- Thanks." Sirius smiled and Severus' eyes softened a little. "You should eat too." Sirius said when he saw Severus wasn't eating. Severus nodded once before turning to his plate. Rabastan raised an eyebrow lightly, but didn't say anything and went back to his food. 

"Shall we go?" Lyra asked Rodolphus who nodded. 

"We shall." Rodolphus said and Lyra stood up and Rodolphus was at her side as she went out. Rabastan soon left the room leaving Sirius and Severus alone. 

"What's wrong?" Severus asked when he saw a little far away look on Sirius' face. He is looking like this from the time Rodolphus entered the room. 

"I- Nothing." Sirius didn't say anything and ate quietly. He didn't know why he can't forget about how Rodolphus held him this morning when he went to Lestrange Manor to talk to him. His hand on his waist felt so warm and- Stop thinking about it, he scolded himself. 

"There is something." Severus said and Sirius looked at him. "I won't tell anyone." 

Sirius hesitated not knowing if he can tell this to Severus or not. Severus is being nice to him lately and also Severus didn't make any comments like before when they used to meet during order meetings. May be, Severus can help him make a decision. 

"It's just Rodolphus." Sirius sighed and Severus raised an eyebrow in curiosity. "When I went to Lestrange Manor this morning, he said he isn't angry at me. But, I didn't believe him and asked why he is avoiding me if he isn't angry. He came forward and stood so close-" 

Severus narrowed his eyes as he felt his thoughts from before were not his paranoia, but Rodolphus really likes Sirius. It's not easy to be a spy and Severus is working as a spy from a long time. He can see between the lines easily than others. He knew something is wrong and he is right. 

"I felt awkward and tried to move, but hit my leg to the couch. Rodolphus held me." Severus' fists clenched around the fork tightly. "He- Do you think- I mean-" Sirius sighed not knowing what to ask or how to ask it.